Forum ads

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I know I have always said that I would not clutter the forum with ads but if we are going to give away three prizes in the birthday competition then I think it's only right to put a few ads on the forum to see if it will help towards the costs. :o
I will keep them to a minimum and make sure they do not interfere with the layout, I don't expect they will bring much money (and certainly not enough to cover the cost of the birthday prizes, but its a start) I will only receive a small amount if anyone actually buys something through following the links in the ads, just clicking on it will get nothing. :(

So if anyone dose click on the links and sees something they would like to buy then they will be helping to support TDUDT. :D
I will also be bringing back the donation link to the forum (still working on it though)

Things will start to appear later in the week and I will see how it goes, any comments on this would be welcome good or bad. :P
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Will they be relevant ads like gaming related ads or just be random ads what's location just the top etc

Does this mean have to turn ad block off :)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Fulysic wrote:Will they be relevant ads like gaming related ads or just be random ads what's location just the top etc
Yes they will be relevant to gaming, as to placement haven't decided yet but probably one or two in the side bar, maybe one at the end of the last post in each thread and one at the bottom of the page.
Fulysic wrote: Does this mean have to turn ad block off :)

No, I'm not trying to force people to look at the ads so if you use an ad blocker and you don't want to see these then feel free to keep using it. :D
Image Image
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:
Fulysic wrote: Does this mean have to turn ad block off :)

No, I'm not trying to force people to look at the ads so if you use an ad blocker and you don't want to see these then feel free to keep using it. :D
And for that I'll turn adblock off for this site. Just please don't post any of those "YOU WON FOR BEING THE 50 MILLIONTH VIEWER" popups, please.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

For Adds:

For starting a webshop:

:banana-dance: :violin: :rightthumbup:

:twocents-02cents:

PS There are ways to show adds only to peasants and not to members... :idea:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I don't run adblock on TDUDT never needed to, if it's all gaming related ads im all for it anything that helps TDUDT is worth trying :2thumbsup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I'm pretty sure Bez will find a way to make it work, without it becoming annoying.

;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Fulysic wrote:I don't run adblock on TDUDT never needed to, if it's all gaming related ads im all for it anything that helps TDUDT is worth trying :2thumbsup:
Thanks for the support. :rightthumbup:
MadManCK wrote:I'm pretty sure Bez will find a way to make it work, without it becoming annoying.
;)
Will do my best to make it as unobtrusive as possible but if dose get annoying then its up to you guys to tell me and I will remove them (but remember they are only here to raise money to benefit TDUDT and its members). :party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yeah, i have watched too much Yanis Varoufakis lately. Even bought one of his books about Economics.
Everybody likes a rebel.

:party:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok as you can see we have a few ads now, let me know if they are annoying and if enough agree I will remove them. ;)
Also added back the donation block on the right side of the side bar if anyone wants to donate and become a supporter, or even re-donate if you are already a supporter. :) (supporters will get extra benefits in competitions) :banana-dance:

Here is a discount code for anyone thinking of buying a game from the site in the ads (should work with any game doesn't have to be the one in the link)
Code can only be used once so first to use it at the checkout gets it ( DONT FORGET TO TICK THE BOX ABOVE THE BOX YOU ENTER THE CODE FOR IT TO WORK )
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Enter it at the checkout.
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”