New Landing Page

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I have recently been working on a new landing page for the forum, it will act as a news page displaying the latest gaming news as it is released and also act as a link to any relevant threads on the forum.
Its still a work in progress at the moment so some things will change as I get it to the final stage but is up and running now (for the most part) so feel free to check it out following the link below ;)

The idea of having a landing page is to give people a quick idea of what the forum is about and also act as a reference and a link to the posts on the main forum, I'm also considering adding extra pages with articles highlighting some of the more interesting threads on the forum like the very large " The Perfect Car List For a Game" thread with 194449 views to date :o.
This is still in the idea stage at the moment so might or might not work but it would be based on the original poster writing an article on what the thread is about plus a few photos if relevant and it would be posted on a new page with a link to it on the landing page. :idea:

It will also be a place to announce new and upcoming competitions and giveaways, and maybe even league tables etc......still working on ideas so if anyone can think of something they would like added then get in touch or post below. :idea:

Once it is up and running fully it will have a link to it on the index page and also clicking on the logo at the top of the index page will take you to it.
(link already added to top of index page next to "Home")
Also if you would like to be informed of any news updates to this page then please enter your email address in the Subscribe to TduDT News box at the side of the news page. :rightthumbup:
subscribe.JPG
:link:
newssmallweb.png
newssmallweb.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 3654 times
[/url]
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

A couple of points if I may.

I like how you made racing/driving have sub categories when mouse hovers. Instead of listing other genres like role playing is there now, use general or other gaming and then sub-categorize the same way.

Since this is work in progress, not sure ATS would qualify in the role playing category or genre, it is a simualtion. Your only role in that game is truck driver. You can change your appearance but a role playing game you can be whatever profession you want within the confines of the game. Fallout would qualify as role playing. I can be good or evil, killer or priest, choose a role.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote:A couple of points if I may.

I like how you made racing/driving have sub categories when mouse hovers. Instead of listing other genres like role playing is there now, use general or other gaming and then sub-categorize the same way.

Since this is work in progress, not sure ATS would qualify in the role playing category or genre, it is a simualtion. Your only role in that game is truck driver. You can change your appearance but a role playing game you can be whatever profession you want within the confines of the game. Fallout would qualify as role playing. I can be good or evil, killer or priest, choose a role.
Thanks for the feedback, ;) and yes I agree with what you are saying. :)

Some of those menus are just place holders and like I said earlier may change later, this is why I have made the page live before it is finished so I can get feedback like yours and hopefully get it right wile it is still in the design stage rather that set it all up then have to change things after it is finished.

I still haven't decided what to include in those menu links but I do want it to cover a wide variety of games but at the same time not feel cluttered or awkward to navigate and as you point out adding sub menus looks like the best way to go. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Nice!

You should also add a spot for game development. Guys like me want a proper place to display progress. ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Venomalix wrote:Nice!

You should also add a spot for game development. Guys like me want a proper place to display progress. ;)
I can give you a full page to display your game development if you want. :)
Image Image
Venomalix
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bezrider wrote:

Sure, would bring attention, but ya don't have to be generous.

I believe I'm not the ONLY one making a game around these forums. (Am I?)

Do what ya wish.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Venomalix wrote:
Bezrider wrote:

Sure, would bring attention, but ya don't have to be generous.

I believe I'm not the ONLY one making a game around these forums. (Am I?)

Do what ya wish.
Well put it this way, if you know how to post on WordPress (if not I can show you) then I can give you a full scrolling page to display your game concept and any other related info on the game.
I would also add a link to it under "Game Development" on the Landing Page and it could also be linked to your post on the forum. :geek:
(private message me if you are interested) ;)
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”