Important !!! Forum Face lift

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I am in the process of doing a face lift to the forum, this will include adding a Portal (extra front page)to the forum and also some side bars to the main forum page.

The new style will give me more options when adding and displaying content on the forums, and once you get used to the layout should also help you to find stuff much easier.

I have the forum setup on a test site and am in the final stages of setting up and testing and if all goes well I will be taking the board off line later today to do the upgrade.

I will try to keep the board off line for as short a time as possible but I do have a lot of stuff to do and some code to change so down time will beat least 2 to 3 hours.

The forum style will not change it will just have extra features added. :)

Once it is up and running check back here as I will post an update on some things you will need to know about the board and layout.
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Had some coding problems that need to be fixed, so ran out of time will try it again when I fix the code :angry-banghead:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok I think I've found the problem so if I get time tomorrow (Feb 1st ) I am going to give the forum face lift another go. :eeek:

So if you see the site down just check back later :banana-fingers:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Will be leaving the forum like this till we sort the coding problems out for the face lift :think:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I really hope you didn't grab your stuff from the same doctor who did this :eeek:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:I really hope you didn't grab your stuff from the same doctor who did this :eeek:

:laughing-rolling: Nice one MadMan, I hope the site looks a bit better than that when its done, got a couple of guys working on helping me with the coding problems so should be fixed soon :Coming soon: :loll:
Image Image
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:I really hope you didn't grab your stuff from the same doctor who did this :eeek:

You should totally make that the forum background.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well at last !!! :woot:

After two weeks of code changing and testing the basics are in place for the face lift :dance:

I still need to alter the blocks, as at the moment they are just filled with the default stuff as are the ones on the Portal page (frount page)

These will change in content to reflect the theme of the site (more on this later)

I also still need to add the Chat Box and some other minor stuff as I go along, these changes will take affect over the next few days

I would recommend anyone that uses a link to get to the site to click on the Portal link on the forum and make a new link to the Portal page and use that as your new site link as that page (the front page ) will be the place any new info and new announcement and videos will be then you can gust click through to the forum after you have ch :banana-rock: ecked out the front page, that way you won't miss any new stuff.
Image Image
Eugene4259
Mechanic
Mechanic

Nice job bez, it looks pretty good. It will take some time to get used to it since I always just clicked the top to redirect myself back to the home page, but now it takes you to the "portal". I'll get used to it.
PSN: Eugene4259
TDU2 Legends UK - Vice President[/center]
Level 73
GTAO - Level 160
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks, still got a bit to do, forgot to put the TDU Drivetime name back at the top :laughing-rolling:
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”