Forum a bit quiet lately :-(

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I am writing this as a result of a comment made earlier to day on this forum by sheepshagger

"This forum looked dead, anyway sup... Welcome to ghost town."

The problem with a small forum like this is the lack of continued new content, as a lot of people tend to just visit the forum to read stuff and not post anything.

On a large forum with lots of members it dose not matter so much as a small percentage on a large forum is still enough to keep new content flowing for the rest.

However this is much harder to maintain on a small forum and therefore you need a much higher input of new content.

In the end a forum lives of dies depending on its members and the post they make, it would be easy for me to add new forums and extra game headings but it would be no point if it was not what the members want and it never got used.

I can only provide a meting place for like minded people to chat about things they have in common and discuss there views, I guess it hasn't helped lately with the fall of Atari.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you want to keep this site alive then we need the members to post more new content.

I regularly post on other sites to advertise this site in the hope of getting new members and have had quite a good response (if anyone would like to be a recruiter for the forum and help me promote the site just send me a private message, you would also have a new title and name colour change if you like)

Also if anyone has any ideas of something new they would like to see on the forum or added to the site then please let me know by posting here of sending me a PM

I would also just like to say I have no intentions of closing down the forum, I have put a lot of work into it and I am only posting this in a hope to give it a boost.

Thanks Bez :text-feedback:
Image Image
Driiven
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

There isn't much you can do about a lack of members. You can do all you want to improve the site, but that only makes it a better experience for the people already on it. I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but I imagine that starting a new forum with a large intention of being about a game that's pretty much dead is no easy task, and one that's not going to be as big as you hope. The only reason I can think of the forum not being a haven of racing-game gurus is timing. Other similar forums such as tduck have been around for so long that they've been there for events that would cause more people to join. (ie. Releases of games, DLC, etc.)

I dont know, Im probably speaking jibberish, but whatever.

Personally, a major thing keeping me from visiting TDUDT (Look it's the same backwards!) more than I currently do is the lack of drama. I like drama. If you remember back at the TDU forums, The Ferrari Club got lots of drama, and probably started a lot to. Without it, it feels a bit empty. :think:

It's a shame though that TDUDT has fallen off most peoples radar. These forums deserve more than what they're getting.

GT: Gobes
The Ferrari Club
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yes driven we all know that you don't have any fun in life unless you are creating conflict or making someone rage mad...
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Driiven
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Hey, lets not make a faff about it.

You know me too well. Heck, I should probably just get rid of you and find someone else. :loll:

The Ferrari Club
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

@ Driiven:

Maybe if I get Jax and Niar back as Moderators, would that be enough drama :laughing-rolling: :party: :eeek:
Image Image
Driiven
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Nah. Niar is just a troll, and is quite good at it, and I don't even know who Jax is...

I like someone who properly hates me. Someone who if given the chance, would hang my head on their wall as a 'trophy' kill sort of thing. If you remember tduassassin from the TDU forums, that's a good example. :roll:

:back to topic:

The Ferrari Club
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Driiven wrote:I should probably just get rid of you and find someone else. :loll:
Oh... well... yyyou too :cry:
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Driiven
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

eaustinn36 wrote:
Driiven wrote:I should probably just get rid of you and find someone else. :loll:
Oh... well... yyyou too :cry:
Aha, Im just kidding, but I'm sure you knew that. :dance:

The Ferrari Club
Prepsi

Well i know the problem. I asked my friend p51 after he reinstalled if he would be coming back to tdumods [which offers content for users] and he said yes. Immediatly after i asked him if he would be coming to TDUDT and he said no. What we might need is some content that the users could actually use, not just a messageboards.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Prepsi wrote:Well i know the problem. I asked my friend p51 after he reinstalled if he would be coming back to tdumods [which offers content for users] and he said yes. Immediatly after i asked him if he would be coming to TDUDT and he said no. What we might need is some content that the users could actually use, not just a messageboards.
I have thought about this in the past however if I do decide to go down this road the only mods and enhancements allowed on this site would be for TDU 1 as it is not supported anymore.

Adding mods and/or enhancements to TDU 2 could lead to an in game ban. :text-banplz:

What do the rest of you think would you like a section for TDU 1 Mods ?
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”