Forum Background

Important site info
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hey i tried to fuse 4 of wallpapers together to make one big one, maybe you could try to see how it would look as the forum background.

Big version - Car logo collage.jpg
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am Okay, while as it is now it works pretty well, as you see it is there but it is not drawing the eyes away from the forum window so i'm happy enough with it as it is now, but sure a slight scale down would be ideal, but i can look into it later.
Will take a look at it later this week. ;)
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The new background has the same flaw as all the others had, it is to bright and draws to much attention, but i like the idea.

I actually grew to like the look of the wallpaper that was on before even though you can see that much of it, it just sort of worked, while this race flag clashes with the eyes big time. And as this is a dark forum then it really doesn't work to have a very bright background drawing attention away from the actually forum.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:20 pm The new background has the same flaw as all the others had, it is to bright and draws to much attention, but i like the idea.

I actually grew to like the look of the wallpaper that was on before even though you can see that much of it, it just sort of worked, while this race flag clashes with the eyes big time. And as this is a dark forum then it really doesn't work to have a very bright background drawing attention away from the actually forum.
I'm not happy with it either but I thought the last one looked too dark and depressing :scared-ghostface:

This is just a temp background till I come up with something better, still not happy with all the ones so far :( some work better than others but it's hard getting the right one.

I just purchased a completely new style yesterday and may introduce it onto the forum at some point in the future, it will allow all members to pick how they want the forum to look. :D

It will have lots of user options including dark forum like this one or light forum and even one in between :mrgreen: so each user can set up the forum how they want it to look.

However, this is a long way off as yet as i will be customising it to suit TDUDT :mrgreen:

This is how the style we use now looked when i first bought it, as you can see i have customised it a lot. :geek:

The other downside is nobody likes change :( but we do have to keep up with the trends otherwise we will get left behind and look outdated. :character-oldtimer:

At the moment we are well ahead of the game so no need to rush, below is a photo of a standerd phpBB forum and as you can see ours is more modern and has lots more features.
phpbb.jpg
I still haven't made any definite decision on the new look as yet and once i get it how i think it should look i will post some photos so we can discuss it, all i will say is it will look totally different from this one so i am expecting some opposition. :eeek:
:party:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 am I'm not happy with it either but I thought the last one looked too dark and depressing :scared-ghostface:

This is just a temp background till I come up with something better, still not happy with all the ones so far :( some work better than others but it's hard getting the right one.

Dark and depressing, lol it suited the forum nicely, and made the actually forum be the center of intention, while this super bright ones makes it a living hell to read anything on the forum, as they take up way to much attention and isn't pretty to look at at all.

So before you say the old is depressing look the new ones you made and installed, and then are making me depressed now, thanks for it. :lol:

Why not just a picture of a dark brick wall ? :angry-banghead:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:32 pm
Bezrider wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 am I'm not happy with it either but I thought the last one looked too dark and depressing :scared-ghostface:

Dark and depressing, lol it suited the forum nicely, and made the actually forum be the center of intention, while this super bright ones makes it a living hell to read anything on the forum, as they take up way to much attention and isn't pretty to look at at all.

So before you say the old is depressing look the new ones you made and installed, and then are making me depressed now, thanks for it. :lol:

Why not just a picture of a dark brick wall ? :angry-banghead:
Ok anything for a quiet life :lol: will change it ...............for now. :mrgreen:

Have a few days off at the moment so will look into something better.
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

New is even more depressing :eeek:

What about these ones ?

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:50 pm New is even more depressing :eeek:

What about these ones ?

First one won't show but the rest ain't bad will look into it later, busy setting up a new site to work on new forum design. :ugeek:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay, well i tried playing with the last one, just to see how it could look:

hexagon-pattern-background-wallpaper-1920x1080 - Kopi.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nooooo :violence-smack:

Please go back to either the grey and white pictures or the brands. Those were not depressing at all and are less distracting.

Maybe it helps if you both put off your sunglasses :text-lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”