Forum Background

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've started this topic to discuss the forum background and what to display on it (if anything)

The reason i have changed it is because a lot of people didn't like the generic one we used to have even though it worked well as it scaled to any size screen.

The problem is once you move on to displaying a photo/photos you start to run into scaling problems as it will have to cope with many screen sizes and resolutions, on some screens it will look ok on others it may look dredfull. :shock:

You also have to considder how much of the background you want to show by reducing or enlarging the forum width, as a result this will also have an affect on how the forum looks and displays.

So something as simple as adding a background photo can become quite complicated to get right on lots of diffrent screen sizes and resolutions. :ugeek:

At the time of posting this the forum is set to 80% this means it will scale to 80% of your screen size and display the background on the rest of your screen, i could set the forum to a spcific width (say 900px) but on small screens it would go off the sides and on Hi res screens it would look tiny so sticking to a percentage is the best way to go. in my opinion. :geek:

Ok now that i have explained the problems how would you guys like me go on this, I'm open to all surgestions but keep in mind some will look better than others. ;)

This is the curent background, all i have done is reduce some Crew 2 photos in size and stich them randomly together so they will scale to any resoloution. I'm not keen on it ether :| just trying to find a happy medium to a tricky problem. :party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

One of the speedboat pics should be exchanged for a (winged) race car. For the rest it is a big improvement over the generic one.

:D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ah okay, but i just think the with the raid or boots would work better, as i think this multi picture background is way to busy, and keeps messing with my eyes when i watch it.

And as a side note the mobile version is abit annoying as you lose 1/6 of the screen size, and on a phone with a smaill'ish screen then it is just annoying, plus the picture you do see has a split line in it, so you see alot of pictures but really don't see anything on them, again abit of a big picture would be a whole lot better that a busy million pictures you don't enough of.

And Bez, please just delete the old background :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The other option is to make it black (or "forum" grey) and white and use a layer of "mist" over it. Like ghosting.
It would still make the background look more interesting and does not deviate from reading the page.

Personally i don't mind some color, but that would look more professional IMO. :idea:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:02 pm Ah okay, but i just think the with the raid or boots would work better, as i think this multi picture background is way to busy, and keeps messing with my eyes when i watch it.

And as a side note the mobile version is abit annoying as you lose 1/6 of the screen size, and on a phone with a smaill'ish screen then it is just annoying, plus the picture you do see has a split line in it, so you see alot of pictures but really don't see anything on them, again abit of a big picture would be a whole lot better that a busy million pictures you don't enough of.

And Bez, please just delete the old background :lol:
MadManCK wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:32 pm The other option is to make it black (or "forum" grey) and white and use a layer of "mist" over it. Like ghosting.
It would still make the background look more interesting and does not deviate from reading the page.

Personally i don't mind some color, but that would look more professional IMO. :idea:
Thanks for the feedback guys I'll try a few of those options out over the next few days and if none of them work out i might just revert to a one colour background. ;)
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I think maybe one of these could work as a background.

This one would be good as it shows cars on the whole picture and would maybe work well as a background.

Or this one too this picture is from the trailer, so maybe you get a better version with a screenshot.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:10 pm I think maybe one of these could work as a background.

This one would be good as it shows cars on the whole picture and would maybe work well as a background.

Or this one too this picture is from the trailer, so maybe you get a better version with a screenshot.
I like the second one :D
Will take a look at it tomorrow and see how it will work on the forum, might have to enlarge it a bit but then again you probably wount see much of it anyway. :(
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:09 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys I'll try a few of those options out over the next few days and if none of them work out i might just revert to a one colour background. ;)
What i meant is to use this crew based compilation and turn that into a black and white background, maybe with some ghosting and use the forum grey instead of black. I think that would look awesome.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez, i took a larger 2560x1440p screenshot of the one you liked, but donno if the quality is good enough as it is Youtube the picture gets a little bit blurry.

Skærmbillede 2017-07-01 20.36.11.png

And with my basic paint edit to it to remove the black bars, can you even tell i stretched the top and bottom ?
Skærmbillede 2017-07-01 20.36.11 - Kopi.png
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:21 pm
Bezrider wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:09 pm
What i meant is to use this crew based compilation and turn that into a black and white background, maybe with some ghosting and use the forum grey instead of black. I think that would look awesome.
That's not a bad idea. :rightthumbup:
Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:40 pm Bez, i took a larger 2560x1440p screenshot of the one you liked, but donno if the quality is good enough as it is Youtube the picture gets a little bit blurry.

Skærmbillede 2017-07-01 20.36.11.png

And with my basic paint edit to it to remove the black bars, can you even tell i stretched the top and bottom ?
Skærmbillede 2017-07-01 20.36.11 - Kopi.png
Thanks mate will also check this out today and see how it looks. :D
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”