Forum Background

Important site info
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hey Bez, the loges wallpaper looks cool, but maybe try to compress it abit so we get more logos on each side, and maybe have a look at an idea i had for it, as the white on black is so strong i then tried to give it a dark tint over it and it looks better with it imo.

It makes it abit softer as a background without being to flashy.

Car logo collage.jpg
Car logo collage - Kopi.jpg
Car logo collage - Kopi (2).jpg
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes your right :rightthumbup:

Thanks for the photos will run them through photoshop so they are suitable for the web and check them out. :D
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay sounds good, btw. in my current browser window i only see about 1/4 of the original wallpaper, so lots of room to scale it down so we can see more of it. ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:57 pm Okay sounds good, btw. in my current browser window i only see about 1/4 of the original wallpaper, so lots of room to scale it down so we can see more of it. ;)
Yes but this depends on your resolution and will be different for other viewers.
What res are you using?
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:10 pm
Beardroid91 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:57 pm Okay sounds good, btw. in my current browser window i only see about 1/4 of the original wallpaper, so lots of room to scale it down so we can see more of it. ;)
Yes but this depends on your resolution and will be different for other viewers.
What res are you using?

4480x1440 = 2560x1440 + 1920x1080 :lol:

Nah just my 2560x1440 screen, and then browser window is about 3/5 of the screen.

Skærmbillede 2017-07-16 22.12.47.png

BTW in theory you could just have put 2 down scaled versions of it togther and no one would know as the forum window is block a good deal of it.

But i actually look the current softer tint to it alot more, it works well as a background and makes the main forum to more in center.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Much the same as I've got except my screen is 1920x1200. :D
Here is a full capture. :eeek:
Screen cap.png
Open in new tab to see full size
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm thats odd, if you look closely to your screenshot then you can see the background doesn't scale, it actually just repeats itself, it actually only shows abit of it and not everything so you can in theory scale it down so it shows more logos on the same size.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Does the background need to be a specific size, or can it use anything ?

I tried to mirror it to extent it downwards, and i doubt anyone sane would use tilted monitor on its side to read the forum, even then having it mirrored actually looks okay as it just blends into the background.

Mirrored car logo collage 2.jpg
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Sorry had to do other stuff yesterday :mrgreen:

OK I will explain how the background works. :mrgreen:

It can be displayed in many ways but will talk about the way it is displayed now.

These are the settings i have applied:
It is displayed from the center top (image is centered on the screen and starts at the top)

Hmm thats odd, if you look closely to your screenshot then you can see the background doesn't scale, it actually just repeats itself, it actually only shows abit of it and not everything so you can in theory scale it down so it shows more logos on the same size.

It is also fixed so when you scroll, the forum moves but the background does not (this is the recommended way and looks better)
This also means if the background photo is bigger than your screen res then it will never repeat (it is only repeating in my screen cap because i took a photo of the full page, not my screen)

Larger photos look better as they don't repeat on Hi-Res screens the down side is they have a large file size and take longer to load for those with slow internet speeds. :(
I can reduce the quality of the photo in Photoshop and still keep the resolution but it is a fine balance between quality and load time.

I can like you say reduce the photo down so you see more on the sides but this will make it repeat on most screens, this would probably work ok with the background displayed as I post this but will not work well with a photo as the join will stand out. :doh:
Does the background need to be a specific size, or can it use anything ?
Like i said above it can be any size but is a trade off due to the load times. :)
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay, while as it is now it works pretty well, as you see it is there but it is not drawing the eyes away from the forum window so i'm happy enough with it as it is now, but sure a slight scale down would be ideal, but i can look into it later.

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”