New Style info

Important site info
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

OK, new style is live and ready for testing :o

If all goes well i will leave it up and add new stuff as and when i get it ready (most stuff in the footer isn't finished yet but 80% of the rest is up and running and all day to day forum things should be working so just the other 20% to get finished plus some premium extensions to add and configure. :ugeek:

First thing if you want to use the Stealth mode :mrgreen: then click the moon icon at the top of the forum as in the photo below (if you have cookies enabled for this forum it will remember your setting the next time you visit. :D
To go back click the sun icon. ;)
dark icon.JPG
The icons on the index page will be greyed out when you have no unread topics in that forum as in the photo below
icon info.JPG
Have a look around and let me know if you find anything not working (for the most part ignore the footer)

Hope you like the new style (still some fun stuff to come) :D
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The new forum looks nice, the annoying things so far is the massive feeds info bar to the right, (white twitter feed in dark mode :roll: )

Also is all of the feeds really needed? Not the TDUDT visitors list is not interesting to anyone other then an admin.

The most annoying thing is that the feeds sit in that prime spot of on my screen wear my eyes rest, maybe move it to the left? If they need to be there at all, as it is more frontpage info feeds imo.

The new bottom recent post bar is nice touch.
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

Great job :rightthumbup: For me this design looks cleaner and it's very intuitive. But I don't find the "Mark all post read" button
EDIT: Found the "mark all post read" button, it's a bit complex :roll:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

BATA_MANTA wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:20 pm Great job :rightthumbup: For me this design looks cleaner and it's very intuitive. But I don't find the "Mark all post read" button
EDIT: Found the "mark all post read" button, it's a bit complex :roll:
Thanks for the feedback, and yes things will be a bit strange at first till you find your way around.

For anyone else the "Mark Forums read" button will be at the top of each forum like below.
topic read.JPG
Also if you want to see who is online click this at the bottom of the index page.
online.JPG
Beardroid91 wrote:The new forum looks nice, the annoying things so far is the massive feeds info bar to the right, (white twitter feed in dark mode :roll: )
Unfortunately, i cant do anything about the twitter background colour it is controled by the twitter feed so if i change it to dark it will be dark in light mode :( (i will see how it looks in the light mode and maybe change it ;) )

As for the size of the feed, it is automatic and will expand or contract to fit the size of the forum page. :geek:
Beardroid91 wrote:
Also is all of the feeds really needed? Not the TDUDT visitors list is not interesting to anyone other then an admin.
Some members like it. :mrgreen:
Beardroid91 wrote:
The most annoying thing is that the feeds sit in that prime spot of on my screen wear my eyes rest, maybe move it to the left? If they need to be there at all, as it is more frontpage info feeds imo.
How can it sit in a prime spot, it is on the side of the forum page. :roll:
I could move it to the left but i cant see the difference?
Beardroid91 wrote: The new bottom recent post bar is nice touch.
Glad you like something. :roll:

As for the rest of the items on the sidebar i am still testing things so these may change. :geek:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:02 pm
Beardroid91 wrote: The most annoying thing is that the feeds sit in that prime spot of on my screen wear my eyes rest, maybe move it to the left? If they need to be there at all, as it is more frontpage info feeds imo.
How can it sit in a prime spot, it is on the side of the forum page. :roll:
I could move it to the left but i cant see the difference?
- - - :facepalm:
- - - :facepalm:
I have a big screen and have the browser window open at half the screen size, so my eyes tend to fall to the center of the screen, and now there alot, wanna say useless, feeds taking up space, and drawing the eyes away from the forum experience imo.

I mean i'm all for having feeds, but why fill it up with front main page feeds that have next to nothing to do with the content on any given forum thread page.

Also another thing would be to maybe add a "active topic" shortcut to the Board index bar, as it feels strange having go to all to way up to "forum" and then having to pick active topics each time.

Could the top dark grey TDUDT bar maybe be integrated more into the design, as now it is just hidden away, as the page UI layout is so tall, and you have to scroll up and dark constantly. IMO it would be ideal to have integrate the top bar into the in the Board index bar, or atleast give it more functions.

ALSO, why is there still a massively annoying quote issue, where it never makes a line space between the quotes and the text, it looks terrible, and i have to manually adjust it each time, with a double line gap, things that should be done automatically imo. as it really improves the reading experience all.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

@Beardroid91
Also another thing would be to maybe add a "active topic" shortcut to the Board index bar, as it feels strange having go to all to way up to "forum" and then having to pick active topics each time.
Ok i have changed one of the sidebars to NEWEST POSTS.
Could the top dark grey TDUDT bar maybe be integrated more into the design, as now it is just hidden away, as the page UI layout is so tall, and you have to scroll up and dark constantly. IMO it would be ideal to have integrate the top bar into the in the Board index bar, or atleast give it more functions.
Not possible at the moment but i will look into it. ;)
You could use the scroll to top button in the right corner. :idea:
scroll to top.JPG
scroll to top.JPG (19.42 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
ALSO, why is there still a massively annoying quote issue, where it never makes a line space between the quotes and the text, it looks terrible, and i have to manually adjust it each time, with a double line gap, things that should be done automatically imo. as it really improves the reading experience all.
Don.t know what you mean by this, quotes work fine for me. :?
Image Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

This looks very nice! Very easy on the eyes, and thankfully not so different that I won't be able to get used to it. If I run into anything that doesn't look right, I'll let you know, but I'm liking what I see so far! :rightthumbup:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

grooks10 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:14 pm This looks very nice! Very easy on the eyes, and thankfully not so different that I won't be able to get used to it. If I run into anything that doesn't look right, I'll let you know, but I'm liking what I see so far! :rightthumbup:
Thanks, i prefer the dark mode but it's nice to have a choice. :D
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay thanks for that, Bez, was that up shortcut there before ? i didn't notice it till you pointed it out :? But nice touch.

Also what i mean about the quotes is that i hate how it is all sandwiched so densely together, you don't see that ??
Skærmbillede 2018-02-11 18.56.05.png
It kind of needs a gab in between the quote box and the text.

REEE, same for pictures etc, there are no GABS in between the picture and the text, it is not pleasing for the eyes.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:06 pm Okay thanks for that, Bez, was that up shortcut there before ? i didn't notice it till you pointed it out :? But nice touch.

Also what i mean about the quotes is that i hate how it is all sandwiched so densely together, you don't see that ??

Skærmbillede 2018-02-11 18.56.05.png

It kind of needs a gab in between the quote box and the text.

REEE, same for pictures etc, there are no GABS in between the picture and the text, it is not pleasing for the eyes.
Ok i see what you mean about the quote thing, it's just the way some styles deal with these things you either like it or you don't. :|
I guess it could be changed but might be more trouble than it is worth. :geek:

On the upside i have found a solution to make the menu bar stay fixed to the top of the screen as you scroll down but at the moment it is interfering with the slider so needs more work before i introduce it on the live forum. :ugeek:
Image Image

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”