Spreading the word

Important site info
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

darcyjake1 wrote:
1. i edited where you said "mr.250" i'm not top250 :angry-screaming:

Now :back to topic:
you...if you wanted to be another person...you really shouldn't have said you're your "old person"'s brother -_- ,at least you could still be "hidden".

:back to topic:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Mr Hertz
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Just thought about another way to 'spread the word'. Making challenges with the forum in the title or description, and there is now one up on Xbox for 5days you are all welcome to try it. Obviously creating 100s at a time would be silly but just the odd 3 or 4 won't hurt.
Please don't call me homophobic as I'm not scared of gays, I just don't f***ing like them!!!

Posting like a boss since March 25th :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dreads: :banana-wrench: :banana-guitar: :banana-rock: :banana-stoner:
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

*gets on tdu drive time; clicks on "active topics", nothing changed, no new replies, no new posts, clicks the Chrome "Home" button.* - your typical visitor.
or
*logs on tdu2, waits a minute to fully connect, clicks "Start">Friends>no friends online>Club>no club members on, drives half a mile, decides to do some FTL, no FTL matches on>alt+f4. - me
...day 2 repeat.
Mr Hertz
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

dpuff wrote:*gets on tdu drive time; clicks on "active topics", nothing changed, no new replies, no new posts, clicks the Chrome "Home" button.* - your typical visitor.
or
*logs on tdu2, waits a minute to fully connect, clicks "Start">Friends>no friends online>Club>no club members on, drives half a mile, decides to do some FTL, no FTL matches on>alt+f4. - me
...day 2 repeat.

...and your point is? If we try to get the forum out there those that actually like the game and play whenever they can we might get more active forum users. That coult lead to you making some friends, it's simple but takes time and effort. It is just like getting a small business off of the ground.
Please don't call me homophobic as I'm not scared of gays, I just don't f***ing like them!!!

Posting like a boss since March 25th :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dreads: :banana-wrench: :banana-guitar: :banana-rock: :banana-stoner:
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Mr Hertz wrote:
dpuff wrote:*gets on tdu drive time; clicks on "active topics", nothing changed, no new replies, no new posts, clicks the Chrome "Home" button.* - your typical visitor.
or
...day 2 repeat.

...and your point is? If we try to get the forum out there those that actually like the game and play whenever they can we might get more active forum users. That coult lead to you making some friends, it's simple but takes time and effort. It is just like getting a small business off of the ground.
People barely visited the old forum, what you're doing is hopeless. I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Mr Hertz wrote:
or
...day 2 repeat.

Don't beat on a dead horse.
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

So... you're calling this forum hopeless then...

Never start your own business irl, it will fail.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
Mr Hertz
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

dpuff wrote:Don't beat on a dead horse.
So you say this but, you posted this earlier:
or
...day 2 repeat.
If you think the forum is dead and is not going any where then why do you continue to come here? Is it just to say the forum is dead? Think about it if we had 200 people coming here saying the forum is dead, and checking up on it every day then technically it would not be dead. Please don't tell me this place is going to turn out just like the TDU2 forum where people only stay around just to say the game/forum is crap or dead. What's next? You going to make a thread saying you are leaving because you get bored easily on the game and you think the forum is dead and a waste of your time? Then come back every single day as a guest just to check up on us and then after a few weeks log in again and make an other thread asking if we remember you, just because there is a thread that you think your opinion will be of use.

There are many people out there playing TDU2 that could do with some help and this forum could be the one to help them. I met a guy yesterday who asked if I would like some money as he was level 66, had 140ish cars and therefore did not really need much more of his $18million of cash. We had been cruising for an hour or so and he then flashed up an instant challenge, I refused and told him to create a private challenge and give me money that way as it is much easier and quicker(even though you need to wait at least a day to win it). He was confused about creating one and I had to give a step by step guide for him through messages, this would have been much easier if I could have linked him here to a thread. People need help but don't know where to get it. We can help them if we spread the word.

Wow, I went off in a few different directions there but you get the idea. :angry-banghead:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Mr Hertz wrote:
dpuff wrote:Don't beat on a dead horse.
So you say this but, you posted this earlier:
or
...day 2 repeat.
If you think the forum is dead and is not going any where then why do you continue to come here? Is it just to say the forum is dead? Think about it if we had 200 people coming here saying the forum is dead, and checking up on it every day then technically it would not be dead. Please don't tell me this place is going to turn out just like the TDU2 forum where people only stay around just to say the game/forum is crap or dead. What's next? You going to make a thread saying you are leaving because you get bored easily on the game and you think the forum is dead and a waste of your time? Then come back every single day as a guest just to check up on us and then after a few weeks log in again and make an other thread asking if we remember you, just because there is a thread that you think your opinion will be of use.

There are many people out there playing TDU2 that could do with some help and this forum could be the one to help them. I met a guy yesterday who asked if I would like some money as he was level 66, had 140ish cars and therefore did not really need much more of his $18million of cash. We had been cruising for an hour or so and he then flashed up an instant challenge, I refused and told him to create a private challenge and give me money that way as it is much easier and quicker(even though you need to wait at least a day to win it). He was confused about creating one and I had to give a step by step guide for him through messages, this would have been much easier if I could have linked him here to a thread. People need help but don't know where to get it. We can help them if we spread the word.

Wow, I went off in a few different directions there but you get the idea. :angry-banghead:
:good post:
We do have a few regulars that come on every day and others that come on from time to time, but the main thing is getting people to post stuff.
That's the hard bit coming up with new content all the time on a small forum to get people actively talking part.
Image Image
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

Our busiest day was on a day where I posted the site on Reddit, Facebook, and GTP. I shall post it in many places on the web :D
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.

Return to “Forum Announcements and Rules”