Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:I'm simply under the impression that the OC limits are Bios related.
You may actually be right about that, i just had a look a the Hexus review of the 1070 FTW and it is running a different BIOS [86.04.1E.00.70] and my card is [86.04.1E.01.70] i don't know if that actually would be the limiting factor or not but it would be worth a shot to try flashing that BIOS to my card to see if it actually changes anything, but for the the problem remains that no one have found a way to flash these cards as the NVFlash for Maxwell don't work for Pascal even-though Pascal is just Maxwell 2.0.

Edit.
I got the idea to see if the 2 BIOS's on the card was different and they are.
[86.04.1E.00.70] is the 'Master BIOS'
[86.04.1E.01.70] is the 'Slave BIOS'

But i am of the impression that the chip it self is not good, but strangely enough i haven't had a display driver crash due to overclocking so i might, the benchmarks like Firestrike just says "cancelled by user" with it stops running so could be driver related also. but i doubt that too, but only thing is forsure Nvidia don't want their cards overclocking passed a certain point as all 1070's have a voltage lock to 1,093v.

I'm still thinking it is bad silicon, but the BIOS thing is interesting none the less.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, you can use the second BIOS to make a more extreme profile, like Jay did. At least that was what i was getting from his video. So maybe there are different BIOS settings already. You can bet the Classified has different Bios.

Anyway, with a full range of Pascal, Nvidia now has a big armada on the virtual battlefield. Only one missing is the GTX1080Ti. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just when you think there won't be any new GTX1080 reviews anymore, EVGA comes with the Clssified.
And yes, this thing does OC. :mrgreen:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just you wait the whore Jay got 2 Titan XP's for his rig, Nvidia should just lower the prices for the avg. consumers if they just throw 1500 dollars gpu's at GPU whores like Jay :lol:

In his tweet his called himself a whore, just to be clear :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:Just you wait the whore Jay got 2 Titan XP's for his rig, Nvidia should just lower the prices for the avg. consumers if they just throw 1500 dollars gpu's at GPU whores like Jay :lol:

In his tweet his called himself a whore, just to be clear :mrgreen:
He already sold them his children for the first one. For this one probably his kidneys. :loll:

But he is right to go Titan for the Skunkworks. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well yea why wouldn't he sell them, they are just a liability + he can always make some more :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, with a 3D printer? :lol:

HWI has tested 2x TITAN X Pascal in SLI

Article is in Dutch
https://nl.hardware.info/reviews/6927/3 ... eme--ultra

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Haha maybe :mrgreen:

Those Titan XP's rocks
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Linus takes it to another level, by taking a Quadro 6000 ($5.000 card) to do some gaming :lol:

BTW, now he has to take two to beat JayZ2Cents upcoming Skunkworks.
And from the looks of it, you might stick with the Titan X 8-)

:spy:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

EVGA got back to me after i asked them if you could get a upgrade kit for the Hybrid FTW cooler for the regular FTW card, and they said "It's in the works" so soon i guess i could upgrade my card, but whether it is worth it or not i don't know.

But i'll the release of AMD's Vega to decide if i should consider getting the hybrid cooler for it or not. ;)

But then again, the GTX 1070 G1 Gaming is getting seriously lowered in price, 10 euros overnight :mrgreen:

Return to “PC”