Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

https://gleam.io/EnLLs/gigabyte-gtx1080 ... g-giveaway

JayZ2Cents is giving away his Gigabyte GTX1080

:2thumbsup:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Its illegal for Titan XP owners to enter the give away, so if you win it it belongs to me :mrgreen:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Evga is giving away their powerlink adapter for free you only to pay the shipping, i am trying apply for it now. You have to have registered your card and uploaded the proof of purchase bill, which i got from the first owner so i am good to go.

And free is free. :mrgreen:

http://www.evga.com/articles/01058/evga ... promotion/
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, that looks a lot better than 2 PSU plugs, sleeved or not. EVGA rocks :music-rockout:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Zotac managed to place 2x 9cm fans on a GTX1070mini. Just 21cm long that one. It might just fit in my HTPC as a replacement for the GTX970CU mini from Asus.

http://asuswrt.net/2016/09/24/zotac-gtx ... ni-review/

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That Zotac should do well if it can fit inside your HTPC due to the wide PCB.

- - - -

Here we go a-F**King-gain Nvidia messing with the memory again on their xx70 cards, this time the GTX 1070 has voltage limits limiting memory overclocks, and Micron memory is to blame while Samsung cards should be fine.

The partner cards makers have already made BIOS updates etc.

Luckily my card uses Samsung memory chips, but i'm only able to push 450-500 mhz OC on the memory before i get artifacts.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/983 ... ry-issues/
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

EVGA backplate seems to act as insulator instead as heath spreader. If you want some free conductive tape, you can contact them. After applying the tape temps of VRM will drop 20 degrees.

It is for the FTW models of the EVGA GTX1070 and GTX1080.

http://forums.evga.com/badHOT-PCB-Layou ... px#2567129

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Good looking out mate, i just requested the pads for my EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, but i hope EVGA release the FTW Hybrid upgrade kit for it soon, as that would make more sense to get.

edit.
Here is the link to the request site.
http://www.evga.com/thermalmod

But with this mod i might just get abit more juice out of my card, as my card when running Heaven benchmark shows the perf.cap rainbow from time to time showing something could be wrong with the VRM's, but colder VRM's means more stable power delivery = better overclocks in theory.

But my cards backplate gets about 57*c when the cards is max in Heaven with the core at 67*c @ 1999,5 mhz (damn you Nvidia boost 3.0) my card should run at 2050 all the time, but for that i need to keep it under 40*c or it downclocks.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Should have gone Gigabyte again... all those issues, man i hate getting new tech :lol:

But Reddit posts really makes me shit bricks as it shows picture of VRM that have exploded due to overheating, EVGA better ship those pads out soon.

But i'm not sure i can thrust their engineering again as they seem to cut corners.

AMD VEGA better come soon, as i really want to ditch this turd of a card the issues just keep getting mounting up against the 1070 FTW.

Hmm is it wrong to hope my GTX 1070 fails so i can claim a RMA :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Skipping on some conductive pads during fabrication is really cheap. Even a highly respected brand as EVGA cuts corners some times.
There was a time when Gigabyte made the best Motherboards, just like ASUS has a good rep. But all these manufacturers make errors when they grow (too?) big due to their success. Maybe they just can not maintain the same high quality, when producing higher volumes.

Just be carefull with the voltage, untill you have the pads. Keep them at default 100%.

At least they take service action to their buyers. Thanks to Tom's Hardware :lol:

Return to “PC”