PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I was counting on 850€. And i had discount as well on certain parts. Cashed in some more today when i ordered the kermit green fans. I will not do any UV lights, but the fluid is reactive.

For now i wont spend any more on modifying my case. So no green sleeved cables or anything else, like plexi doors. The black sleeved cables are nice as they are. I want to see my loop, not the cables. And the door will be shut most of the time anyway. But when it opens it still has to look nice.

Now i have to find the 8 fan connector etc. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I have been thinking long and hard about getting a ACool GPX what block for the 1070 FTW card placed the order and then it hit me, Christmas..! need to save some money for gifts .. crap, so the wet dreams are on hold for now, and i have asked AquaTuning to cancel the order :(

But hopefully soon i can get back into it, but i also still have to make sure my 1070 FTW doesn't just blow up - GamersNexus's video scared the hell out of me :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The goods from EKWB Slovenia came in a dented, torn up box. They can learn a thing or two from Dutch Webshops. On the other hand, it has been in transport for a week crossing different countries and sorting hubs.
I'm glad it has finally arrived. The content seems to be undamaged. And that is what counts. 8-)

The content of this box does not look like 1.000€ +, but it is what i have paid for it. Getting quality watercooling parts has its price. :twocents-02cents:
SAM_0587.JPG
Now this will be shelved, until either the AMD ZEN 8 Core or Intel Kaby Lake 4 Core make their way into my rig. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

LOL why did you also buy 3 liters of coolant, your'll must likely just use 1,5L and you'll have tons of left overs.

But once you get it setup it'll look more impressive than it could ever do in a box.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Can't wait for this build to get started. :D
Image Image
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

I have a Corsair H105 sitting here waiting for me to install it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:I have a Corsair H105 sitting here waiting for me to install it.
My H110 has kept the 2700K OC @ 4200Mhz cool for at least 5 years now. Never got over 63 degrees C under load. So these Corsair AIO's rock :occasion-snowman:
Bear304 wrote:LOL why did you also buy 3 liters of coolant, your'll must likely just use 1,5L .
Better too much than not enough. It might be more close to 2 liters, but 1.5 is probably a good estimation. And i have a refill left than. Ordering extra coolant and pay the full transporting price makes no sense to me. So i ordered an extra bottle. :party:
BTW, you can always add some destilled water, even if they say you shouldn't ;)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I'm alittle sad i didn't have the funds the to play with such a ACool block, it looks much better in real life that the storefront pictures :)

Well next revision might be an upgrade of the parts and the case, but that is way out in the future, as build funds is low at the moment, as i wrecked my road bikes rear tire and fender riding over a hidding big metal spike that ruined the tire and fender left alot of nasty deep scratches as i was going 30 km/t and suddenly abit bump and and the rear just locked up, only bike damage, but stil 100 euros out the window, and if the rim is too then it is likely to be an aditional 250 euros, so fun times :lol:

Try spotting that on a wet dark road while overtaking a slow bike rider... had no chance to see it at all.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote: Try spotting that on a wet dark road while overtaking a slow bike rider... had no chance to see it at all.
Use night vision or turn up the brightness of your monitor :P

Alphacool looks cool 8-)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Use night vision or turn up the brightness of your monitor :P
Haha yea, well it was dusk just before it gets dark, i had just had the idea to turn the my second 2000 lumens headlight on, but judge it to be to bright for it - guess i made a costly mistake, but i'm just glad it didn't get stuck in the front tire as that would have sent me over the bars... i guess i have a little luck left afterall, but 5-6 crash/violent problems with my bikes over the last 6 years of riding 40-50K km's and only having taken minor damage is pretty good considering i also ride my MTB in the forest from time to time, but black ice in the is just the worst thing ever as never it is there till you are on it.

Could just drift the rear of the bike to a stop on the wet road, but it my heart pumping, and each i crash or something happening i just laugh about and fix it, but time it was a 3km walk back in 2*c cold wetness in cold sweaty bike clothes so not so fun :lol:

- - -

And yes i think i might actually like the Alphacool blocks more, i have saved a ton of money had i used Alphacool blocks as the EK stuff is so expensive, well maybe some day i'll overhaul the system.

Return to “PC”