PC Part Deals

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

A GTX 660 can now be had from newegg for 170 USD after a mail in rebate. This is only around 10 dollars more than a 650TI and will offer better peformance.
EDIT: put the link in
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-na-_-na" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Prepsi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That will probably be enough to run The Crew smoothly at 1080p.

Official requirements are still not known but some rumors confirm hardware specs.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm in the market for a new graphics card but I wont be going for anything less than a GTX770.
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think Bfast recently grabbed a GTX770 as well. That is an improved version of the former GTX680 top model. Should be a very good card.

The GTX780 has plunged in price as well with the introduction of the GTX780Ti, but is still an expensive piece of kit. Price hasn't moved since.

The rig with the steering wheel at Ivory Tower was equipped with 3x660Ti in SLi and ran a steady 50fps. But that one was also configured for tri-screen (unfortunately the build we used did not support that at the time).

I will only upgrade if my GTX660Ti is not capable of running The Crew at a steady 60fps. But i think it will manage that.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I want that 780, but pretty expensive, like $500. In a year maybe.
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:I'm in the market for a new graphics card but I wont be going for anything less than a GTX770.
go for the 6gb 780 [non ti] that's coming out, basically a underclocked gtx titan for almost half the cash
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If you are not going to run triple screen setup, thats completely not needed, lol :lol:

3 gig is more than enough. 2 will do for most games, even on 1440p 8-)

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Prepsi wrote:
Bezrider wrote:I'm in the market for a new graphics card but I wont be going for anything less than a GTX770.
go for the 6gb 780 [non ti] that's coming out, basically a underclocked gtx titan for almost half the cash
That's because NVIDIA reduces the double-precision speed of its non-Titan cards in the driver, making them run at 1/8 of what they’re capable of. This is done so NVIDIA doesn’t undercut its Tesla cards
Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-gefo ... diZUGyx.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Besides I'm not planning on spending more than £250-£300 max on a card. :o
Image Image
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

This does not sound too good for me :O i only just got myself a new computer with 2X 740M's which is a weird SLI combo
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

snake250 wrote:This does not sound too good for me :O i only just got myself a new computer with 2X 740M's which is a weird SLI combo
Aren't those laptop GFX?

Try to run it with a benchmark to see how it performs compared to other solutions.
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ark#p15099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “PC”