Steam In-Home Streaming: Steam Link

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:Twice this week I almost got one of these but every time my mouse pointer was hovering over the buy button I hesitated because I am unsure how good it will look on my 4K TV.
There is another solution that lets you stream your games to your TV.

The Nvidia Shield. It can do 4K. But remember that your game PC has to do the rendering and 4K takes a lot of Horsepower.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:
Bezrider wrote:Twice this week I almost got one of these but every time my mouse pointer was hovering over the buy button I hesitated because I am unsure how good it will look on my 4K TV.
There is another solution that lets you stream your games to your TV.

The Nvidia Shield. It can do 4K. But remember that your game PC has to do the rendering and 4K takes a lot of Horsepower.
Yes the NVidia Shield is a nice bit of kit but 4K also comes at 4X the price with this option, I don't need it with my TV as it will upscale any input to almost 4K anyway I was just a little worried as to how well it would do this in a streaming environment. :think:
I know when I use it with my Xbox One the picture quality looks fantastic so was hoping for the same results. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just picked one of these up at the Game store for £12 :o

Going to hook it up to my 4K TV today if i get the time and see how it will look. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I tried that thing once. But could not get my Razor Onza working. It should work, using your PC as a base station, streaming games to the big screen in your living room. It goes up to 1080p/60fps and that should be enough for fluent gaming. It does have a little lag maybe, but barely noticable. A lot less than streaming over the WEB.

They did seriously drop the price. Maybe a new one (4K?) is in the works. But i tend more towards the Nvidia options. I do have a shield tablet that can do the same, but also works as media player. And it gives access to the online Nvidia environment, that is growing every day.

But for simple Steam Streaming, this device is awesome. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Tried this out on my 4K TV yesterday and it word like a dream :D
Only downside was the picture didn't fill the hole screen :o don't know if it was a limitation of the game I was trying out or because it wouldn't scale correctly with the 4K screen. :(
Image Image

Return to “PC”