PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So today, i tried out the new Firefox browser, and compared it to my current Chrome browser. I normally leave all my tabs open in my browser so i often end up with 25-35 open tabs and that many tabs open in Chrome litterally eats ram, we are talking 3,6 GB ram. And this where Firefox comes into the picture, they recently updated they browser, and now with the some amount of open tabs in the browser open, but Firefox is only uses 2,6 GB ram, with a 1 GB less than Chrome, not to forget the it also uses less CPU power.

So i might actally start using Firefox instead of Chrome, so now i wonder how much ram do you save when you use Firefox ?
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Over the past month I've completely overhauled my setup. I finally ditched the old I7 in favor of a Ryzen 1700, a new motherboard, and a CM 212 Evo and I also have a new GPU in the form of an RX 580. I really wanted a 1070 but I just couldn't justify paying so much more than they were worth at the beginning of the year, so I got the RX and for the most part I'm pleased aside from a few driver idiosyncracies. I've also got an ASUS 1440p IPS display. Safe to say I'm set for at least a few more years.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Can't really compare a RX 580 to GTX 1070, but other than that nice system, should do you nicely in the coming years, but GPU could have had abit more juice for the 1440p screen ;)

Hopefully you sold the old hardware, as the new Intel screw up is going to ruin the resale value pretty soon, so best to ditch the old Intel CPU's now.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Wasn't the RX580 a beefed up and rebadged RX480?

You can always place another one next to it in CF, even if most game devs have deviated from SLI/CF support now. Or you can replace the videocard for a faster one in time.

Anyway, it is good enough to play most games on ultra in 1080p and medium/high @1440p

The 1700 is most certainly the best bang for the buck. :geek:

This reminds me that i still have a watercooled project laying around for almost a Year now. :oops:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ouch Prepsi, AMD is just showing of their gen.2 Ryzen CPU's and they are lowering prices already on their CPU's, to late to return yours ? :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

He probably has it for a while now and the next gen RyZen was announced shortly after the release of the first gen.

Also, AMD suffers from similar security bugs as Intel does. Nobody knows yet how much the updates will affect performance. :eeek:

What a mess :facepalm:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea atleast i have a powerful CPU, time for the 4790K to earn it's keep even more so, also i haven't had it overclocked in like a year or so, but if there is a performance issue then i'll just turn up the room heater :mrgreen:

I'm actually running on PC room heating this winter and it works very well, just a shame i don't have a Radeon 290x :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I was looking into options to upgrade the GFX in my HTPC to make it 4K ready.

Unfortunately the Crypto mining mafia has pushed up prices of high end Graphics cards over 25% in a few months.
Including the GTX1080Ti Mini i had my eyes on. :roll:

Zotac is the only vendor, who makes these shorter versions.

I might have to stick with my GTX1070Mini for now. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea, screw the F******* miners they ruined the GPU marked big time, now i just can't want to for the marked to crash and those cunts to lose everything on it. :twisted:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes this had to happen just when my graphics card decided to die on me. :angry-banghead:

At the moment i am using two of my friends old GTX 250's in SLI just to get me by till i find a decent card to buy or at least the price drops to a more sensible state. :facepalm:
Image Image

Return to “PC”