PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Heh no, but impressive non the less.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So today i move my hardware over to my new Meshify C, i have the two Fractal 140mm fans from the Define S in the front of the case sucking in air, and then a Noctua fan in the rear, and only the dust cover in the top.

I didn't think the change would be this noticeable going from Define S, but the Meshify C is so much better build, Fractal learned and made improvements to the sturdiness of the case as it feels much stiffer, as the metal PSU cover / motherboard tray made of 1-1,5 mm thick steel.

I wasn't as easy to build in, as the PSU has to be slid in from the back, and then with modular cables you have to plug them in first, and with the PSU cover it is hard to plug in more cables into the PSU. But overall i enjoyed getting to build another system again.
2018-02-21 16.51.50.jpg
2018-02-21 19.05.31.jpg
It also didn't take long before i made my first mod to the case, as i saw a waste opportunity in the case design, so i cut a piece of metal out of the detachable PSU cover piece, and used one of the small rubber grommets the CPU power cable normally would pass through. So now with the piece cut out and the grommet installed i can run my GPU power cables through the PSU cover, which makes the cables look much nicer.
2018-02-21 16.45.54.jpg
2018-02-21 19.06.22.jpg
2018-02-21 19.05.43.jpg
Another thing about the Meshify C's temperate glass window, as it haves a really dark tint, so it is hard to see the parts inside unless it is lid up well, so my project will be install some light in the case, but the lights need to placed so that they don't shine out of the case or glares to the eyes etc. so need to hid the lights.
2018-02-21 19.13.13.jpg
Also i should get the Shythe Mugen 5 soon, so i get rid of the shitty Intel box cooler, as it is driving be nuts having to listen to it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice and clean build. You should send pics of that mod to fractal. Much better solution for the GFX power cables.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So i finished the build today, by installing the new CPU cooler and adding a RGB LED strip to light up the case, the extra light from the LED strip really brings the darkly tinted glass window.

So this how it looks now, i have the the Mugen 5 in push/pull as i have the spare noctua fan, but so far it keeps the CPU below 65*c Cinebench load test, and idle is 28*c so not to bad, it actually is similar to what my custom watercooled setup was able to achieve, so yeah... :facepalm:
2018-02-23 19.43.36.jpg
2018-02-23 19.51.42.jpg
2018-02-23 19.43.14.jpg
Also i doubt it is a unique mod for the GPU cables, as it took me all of 10 minutes to make, and it might a massive difference in appearance, but i think Fractal Design had to think about production cost as adding a another hole etc. it would cost more to make.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice and clean build. Mugen's are beasts. 65 under load is pretty good wih an OC CPU.

Still, that mod might be simple, but sending them feedback is always appreciated. :idea:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok guys need a second opinion on these cards now the price has stabilised a bit.

The contenders are:
asus 1080 turbo.JPG
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 TURBO, 8GB DDR5, PCIe3, DVI, HDMI, 2 DP, 1733 MHz,- VR READY
Features:
- NVIDIA Adaptive V-Sync: NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync adjusts VSync to current frame rates for maximum playability
- NVIDIA PhysX ready: Dynamic visual effects like blazing explosions, reactive debris, realistic water, and lifelike characters.
- SLI Support: Multi-GPU technology for extreme performance
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready: Bring games to life with NVIDIA Surround multi-monitor gaming on a single card
- PCIE 3.0: Delivers double the bandwidth per lane of PCIe Gen 2 for faster GPU - CPU communication
Specification:
- GPU: GeForce® GTX 1080
- CUDA cores: 2560
- Video Memory: 8GB GDDR5X
- Memory Bus: 256-bit
- Engine Clock Base: 1607 MHz
- Boost:1733 MHz
- Memory Clock: 10,000 MHz
- PCI Express 3.0
- Display Outputs: 2 x DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0b, 1x DL-DVI
- HDCP Support: Yes
- Multi Display Capability Quad Display
- Recommended Power Supply 550W
- Power Consumption 250W
- Power Input 1x 8-pin & 1x 6-pin
- DirectX 12 API feature level 12_1
- OpenGL 4.5
- Slot Size 2.5 Slot
- SLI Yes
- Supported OS Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 4.376 x 1.5 inches, 26.67 x 11.12 x 3.81 cm
- Warranty: 3yr
msi 1070 Ti armor.JPG
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti ARMOR 8192MB GDDR5 - VR READY
Technical Specifications
Device Type Graphics card
Bus Type PCI Express 3.0 x16
Graphics Engine NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Core Clock 1607 MHz
Boost Clock 1683 MHz
CUDA Cores 2432
Max Monitors Supported 4
Interfaces DVI-D (dual link) ¦ 3 x DisplayPort ¦ HDMI
API Supported DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5
Features Nvidia 2-way SLI ready, Military Class Components, MSI Afterburner, NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync, NVIDIA G-Sync ready, NVIDIA GameWorks, Torx Fans, Armor 2X Thermal Design, MSI Zero Frozr technology, Nvidia GeForce GTX VR Ready, FinFET technology, NVIDIA VRWorks, HDCP
Memory
Size 8 GB
Technology GDDR5 SDRAM
Effective Clock Speed 8008 MHz
Bus Width 256-bit
System Requirements
Required Power Supply 500 W
Additional Requirements 6 pin PCI Express power connector, 8 pin PCI Express power connector
Miscellaneous
Power Consumption Operational 180 Watt
Software Included MSI Afterburner
Compliant Standards MIL-STD-810G
Width 3.7 cm
Depth 27.9 cm
Height 14 cm
Weight 832 g
Enclosure Colour Black, white
gigabyte 1080 windforce oc.JPG
GIGABYTE 8gb Geforce GTX 1080 WINDFORCE OC - VR Ready
The WINDFORCE 3X cooling system features 3 pure copper composite heat-pipes, special fin architecture, unique blade fan design, together delivering an effective heat dissipation capacity for higher performance at lower temperatures.
Main Features: