PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm
Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm Nice, but you didn't need that new H110 mount as the Asus Hero have AM4 and AM3 mounting holes.

But good it is finally moving towards the building stage.
I do not have other mounts than the Intel one. And there is no AM4 mount for it. Cool part about this Motherboard is that it has also holes for the older AM3 mounts. So i ordered a mounting kit from Corsair in UK.

Ah okay, well abit strange my old H100I GTX had mounting kit for AM3 and all the Intel too, did you throw you mounting kit for it away by accident and was the H110 sold without AM3 support ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Someone threw it away and it was not me. Or it will pop up one day, stored in a box. But as far as i remember, it only had intel mounts.
No problem, that is fixed now.

I need to reorganize my W10 Intel version first. For the old rig. After that i can install a brand new W10 on RyZen and use my SSD´s for games etc.

Good preparation is key. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm about an idea for your main M.2 SSD for cooling it better ;) This KryoM.2 Micro is really a must for M.2 SSD's as they can get pretty hot 8-)

It is 10 euros.

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_in ... ts_id=3660
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks cool. Fortunately for me the placement of the M2 slot is very clever. Not under the GFX, so to speak. And it has some heat spreader already.

I really need time and space... :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

BUILD IT ALREADY :D
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Today i did some prep work on the motherboard and also cloned the SSD from the old rig. I will eventually use the old rig in a different case. So having a ready to go W10pro SSD to work with that is just cool.

The mounting kit (AM3) i ordered from Corsair in the UK, has the right rings, but the bolts are tapped wrong. Bolts and nuts don't match, idiots. This means i can not use the Aio for the dry test. I will send them a mail tomorrow, avoiding too much colorful vocabulary right now ;)
So instead i will most likely go for the full water build instantly, or mount an air cooler for the time being.

I have no room to move my case to, so it will be a vertical build. Fortunately the doors come off very easy on both sides and this case has plenty of room to move around.

The M2 SSD is so tiny. They look much bigger on pics. But they really are as big as 3 SD memory cards. :shock:

Pics later, when the SSD is ready with clone business :party:

The new rig will get a fresh W10pro install, as RyZen is a different architecture. Best to do a new install anyway with a new build.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

At last, the build begins. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Motherboard, with RyZen 7 1800X, 32GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical RAM and 500GB Samsung 960EVO M2 SSD.
SAM_0588.JPG
:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I still think the M.2 would look better with the Kryo heatsink on it, but great to see some progress at last ;)

btw. didn't you say you would do a build log of it in its own thread ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I will do a dedicated thread, once the watercooling begins.

There is a Samsung sticker on the M2. That thing might even block heat dissipation. :lol:
I can remove that sticker and put a heat sink on it. But it won't be really needed there. It is placed very clever.

Edit; i might do a complete building thread, yes. 8-)

I found a Gelid tower cooler, i had for another project. Can't find the Megahalem. But the Gelid has AM3 mounts. It is a single 12cm fan 4 heatpipe cooler. That might be sufficient for now.

Return to “PC”