PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Made some upgrades to made system, those are green replaced parts are red in the spec's of it 8-)
Bear304 wrote:Here is my pc rig, i recently made the sidewindow (see the casemod thread) and now i would like to show you the finished PC :)

Link to the casemod thread http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My system spec's are a little outdated but still decent (most of the PC is 3-4 years old, but it been steadily upgraded when it was needed) :lol:
  • CPU = AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3,4 ghz @ oc'ed to 4 ghz
  • CPU = Intel i5 4670 K, S-1150, 3,4 ghz @ have yet to be oc'ed
  • CPU Cooler = Prolimatech Megahalems runing push poll (with Noctua fans)
  • MB = Asus M4A89GTD-PRO
  • MB = Gigabyte Z87X-D3H Z87, S-1150
  • RAM = 8 GB and not 12 GB of Kingston HyperX 1600 mhz (2x2 and 2x4 GB)
  • GPU = XFX HD 6850 1 GB GDDR5
  • GPU = XFX HD 7950 DD 3 GB GDDR5
  • SSD = Intel 330 with 180 GB
  • HDD = Western Digital (WD) 1 TB Black
  • PC Case = Antec P183 V3 - With homemade window mod
  • Fans = The case has 7 fans: 6x Nuctua fans and 1x Coolermaster blue LED fan
  • PSU = Antec True Power 650 w
  • Screen = Samsung 24" 2ms
Well that was the boring part :mrgreen:
______
I plan on taking a few pics of the system once i'm done upgrading it
Here is some pictures of it 8-)

As it normally sits

Here i have dragged it out so that you can see it better ;)

And here the sidepanel is off so you can it's inside

And last but not least the case at night :)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice, I guess a few people will be thinking of upgrading to play the crew including me, but I'm going to hold off till the PC specs are announced so I can get the best setup for my money.
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:Nice, I guess a few people will be thinking of upgrading to play the crew including me, but I'm going to hold off till the PC specs are announced so I can get the best setup for my money.
It was just time for my system to be updated, MB and CPU was nearly 4 years old this summer. But the Crew was a little part of it too, though i could play the new gen games just fine :D

Heh me too Bez, i been looking for a while but today i got lucky, and got my new MB for about 30€ of retail price :2thumbsup:
But the asking price of the Intel cpu's still hurt...
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bear304 wrote:Made some upgrades to made system, those are green replaced parts are red in the spec's of it 8-)
Bear304 wrote:Here is my pc rig, i recently made the sidewindow (see the casemod thread) and now i would like to show you the finished PC :)

Link to the casemod thread http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My system spec's are a little outdated but still decent (most of the PC is 3-4 years old, but it been steadily upgraded when it was needed) :lol:
  • CPU = AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3,4 ghz @ oc'ed to 4 ghz
  • CPU = Intel i5 4670 K, S-1150, 3,4 ghz @ have yet to be oc'ed
  • CPU Cooler = Prolimatech Megahalems runing push poll (with Noctua fans)
  • MB = Asus M4A89GTD-PRO
  • MB = Gigabyte Z87X-D3H Z87, S-1150
  • RAM = 8 GB and not 12 GB of Kingston HyperX 1600 mhz (2x2 and 2x4 GB)
  • GPU = XFX HD 6850 1 GB GDDR5
  • GPU = XFX HD 7950 DD 3 GB GDDR5
  • SSD = Intel 330 with 180 GB
  • HDD = Western Digital (WD) 1 TB Black
  • PC Case = Antec P183 V3 - With homemade window mod
  • Fans = The case has 7 fans: 6x Nuctua fans and 1x Coolermaster blue LED fan
  • PSU = Antec True Power 650 w
  • Screen = Samsung 24" 2ms
Well that was the boring part :mrgreen:
______
I plan on taking a few pics of the system once i'm done upgrading it

Nice specs, would upgrade the 7950 soon ( Amd cards are rubbish )
nathan is a mexican!!
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

snake250 wrote:Nice specs, would upgrade the 7950 soon ( Amd cards are rubbish )
Yup you don't have to tell me twich! I might just have to do it sooner than i would have liked to do so, as the new mobo. won't in any way accept it... just in win 7 it lags badly when loading it and then it says display driver failed and goes into terminal bluescreen, (my old HD 6850 was plug 'n play, the other not so much).

Spent a day working out the course of the fail, still no closer .. bugs the living hell out of me, as i only just bought the HD 7950 cheap'ishly at 200 € only alittle over half a year ago :cry: But i might be able to sell it of to a friend who's crazy enough to build a hackingtosh (aka a pc that runs Apply OS) :lol:

I guess shifting to Intel was the first step, second step must then be to turn my back on the AMD guys, and get myself a decent 2GB + Nvidia card, but as money is tight, that's on hold for now ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That's weird. Remove the complete AMD/ATI installation, erase the traces with CCleaner and do a fresh install of the drivers.

There are sometimes compatibility issues with AMD cards but this should not happen.

I prefer NVidia cards because of the drivers. But i had some good ATI cards in the past as well.

In the near future, AMD will strike back, as both main consoles run AMD/ATI graphics chips now.
Also the price difference between Nvidia and AMD is not justifiable.

Did this card run on another Mobo without issues? Maybe update the Mobo firmware.
And switch off Intel onboard graphics in the BIOS

Anyway, nice upgrades 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:That's weird. Remove the complete AMD/ATI installation, erase the traces with CCleaner and do a fresh install of the drivers.

There are sometimes compatibility issues with AMD cards but this should not happen.

I prefer Nvidia cards because of the drivers. But i had some good ATI cards in the past as well.

In the near future, AMD will strike back, as both main consoles run AMD/ATI graphics chips now.
Also the price difference between Nvidia and AMD is not justifiable.

Did this card run on another Mobo without issues? Maybe update the Mobo firmware.
And switch off Intel onboard graphics in the BIOS

Anyway, nice upgrades 8-)
Dream upgrad turned nightmare :cry:

Hey Mad, my HD 7950 ran flawlessly on the other mobo., it ran pretty beefy as it is a pretty powerful card.

I have tired everything short of removing the driver software all together...

But I read online that the Gigabyte UDFI BIOS had bugged others when it comes the graficcards, im still looking it that.

I also flashed the bios for the newest version, and turned of and removed the Intel cpuonboard grafic, stil no joy...

But ill try remove driver, and it might maybe also help that pc now is fully updated.

I'll let you know the outcome once i have tired it, really hope this will do the thick ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

*Update*

The card / win 7 or what ever the hell is working against me wouldn't let the card run with the new drivers, it still lags badly when loading and the bref seconds it is in win 7 before the system forces a bluescreen ... im out of ideas for a fix, so for now my HD 7950 goes in the anti static bag, and the old HD 6850 is forced out of retirement, going form a 3 GB card down to a 1 GB card is a massive kick to the guts :teasing-nutkick:

So now i guess i had to look for a new card to replace old one, which i only just had done .. totally f'ed up :angry-banghead:

This upgrade has proven to be a strange one, and im non the wiser about what F'ed it all up :think:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Did you do a fresh install of W7 on your "new" rig?

Make sure to backup save games and important stuff (docs, pics) first
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Did you do a fresh install of W7 on your "new" rig?

Make sure to backup save games and important stuff (docs, pics) first
Yes i did, fresh W7 and the graficcard still bugs out the system (tried 2 time to reinstall Win 7, but the same outcome every time, while the old graficcard runs perfectly .. lol i'm done with that F'ing card now :shock:

Now i have to scrab some money together for a possible replacement a asus nvidia geforce GTX 760 OC with the direct CUII cooler

But it'll take some time to get the money, and sell of the good but very strange HD 7950 :cry:

Return to “PC”