PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm I will only start, once i have all parts here. I need some new parts for the old rig. :)

PS 70 degrees on the GFX from your friend is a good number. So leave that as it is. 8-)

Okay i see.

Yes it is, but i think GTA5 will tax it harder, as it was a lowender detailed game, but 80-85 would be okay too, but by then the car would need more fans.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just got a confirmation mail from my webshop that my order has been shipped. That has taken way too long.
But all due to ASUS not making enough motherboards. They simply did not anticipate the RyZen success.

Now lets hope it has the latest Uefi-Bios on board. It makes a huge difference in performance, as Jay showed. But also adds a ton of supported Memory.
I made the right choice to stick with ASUS this time. Best features for me and i will use them all.

Now i still need to create some space for a couple of builds.

I have not heard anything from customs, regarding the plexi door. :party:

But i'm glad things start to move in the right direction now. :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That's great to hear :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I finally received my Motherboard and some other stuff from my WebShop today. They promised to deliver in March, so no complaints there.
They did forget to switch the keyboard to cherry brown. But i will try the cherry speed to see what it is like. :D

I also got my package from the US. No extra customs fee this time. And it was wrapped very professionally, so it has survived the long trip. ;)

Now i have most parts and can start making preparations for the project. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice 8-)

Lol you dodged a bullet with the customs they have added their ridicules 20+% import tax, so you got lucky.

So now the build can finally begin :D
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I might have to add cable mod RGB led light strips. These are compatible with ASUS and can be controlled from the motherboard.

I should have ordered these, when i grabbed the cable extension mod. Same shop. I have not really thought about additional lighting, but with a large window and all these custom parts, it might be cool to show them off. And it is easy to switch off the leds.

For this build i will start without additional led strips. Just to see how it will turn out. But they might be needed after all. :mrgreen:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looking forward to the build at last. :2thumbsup:

Don't forget we need lots of photos. ;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just received my AM3 mounting bracket for the H110. I can use that on my HERO Mobo, as that one has both AM4 and AM3 holes drilled.

That will allow me to do a `dry` build of my new system. To see if everything works properly.
I can leave my H110 in place and just replace the motherboard.

The waterloop will be done later, when everything works as anticipated. :party:

The Motherboard also came with a nice 20% Cable Mod discount.
I can use that for some RGB LED strips or a full green sleeved set of cables.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice, but you didn't need that new H110 mount as the Asus Hero have AM4 and AM3 mounting holes.

But good it is finally moving towards the building stage.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm Nice, but you didn't need that new H110 mount as the Asus Hero have AM4 and AM3 mounting holes.

But good it is finally moving towards the building stage.
I do not have other mounts than the Intel one. And there is no AM4 mount for it. Cool part about this Motherboard is that it has also holes for the older AM3 mounts. So i ordered a mounting kit from Corsair in UK.

Return to “PC”