PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
\/8

I have Gigabyte MB with HD 7850 card and never had any troubles with it. Every time I want to update drivers I'm using AMD Cleanup to uninstall old drivers.
Maybe it's 7950 fault. Like MadMan said, I'd try to reinstall Windows. If it won't help and your card is still under warranty I'd send it.
Edit: Ninja'd. ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

\/8 wrote:I have Gigabyte MB with HD 7850 card and never had any troubles with it. Every time I want to update drivers I'm using AMD Cleanup to uninstall old drivers.
Maybe it's 7950 fault. Like MadMan said, I'd try to reinstall Windows. If it won't help and your card is still under warranty I'd send it.
It is alittle over half a year old, it ran perfectly on in my old AMD setup, but in the new Intel setup its f'ed up and can't run.

I think my best option is to sell on the internet or to a friend who's graficcard needs a serious boost :mrgreen:
\/8

Bear304 wrote:
\/8 wrote:I have Gigabyte MB with HD 7850 card and never had any troubles with it. Every time I want to update drivers I'm using AMD Cleanup to uninstall old drivers.
It is alittle over half a year old, it ran perfectly on in my old AMD setup, but in the new Intel setup its f'ed up and can't run.

I think my best option is to sell on the internet or to a friend who's graficcard needs a serious boost :mrgreen:
I have Intel too, i5 2400 to be exact.
But your situation is very strange indeed.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe a strange one, but have you tried another PCi-ex slot?

:shock:

PS Give the card a dedicated power rail from the PSU if possible.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
\/8

I found this:
UEFI -> Advanced -> "Primary Graphics Adapter" on [PCI-Express]
It helped the guy who had no image on the screen at all and his situation was just like yours. He changed AMD for Intel, Installed W7 again and card stopped working.
But you have image so it probably won't help.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

\/8 wrote:I have Intel too, i5 2400 to be exact.
But your situation is very strange indeed.
Yup, and it bug the living hell out of me .. so stupid that is starting to be funny :lol:
MadManCK wrote:Maybe a strange one, but have you tried another PCi-ex slot?

:shock:

PS Give the card a dedicated power rail from the PSU if possible.
I could see it in the system when it ran with the win 7 basic driver

The card feeds of the same 2 (6+2 pin and 6 pin) cables that used to and now atm. powers the old 6850 card, just fine .. so i can rule that out.

As for the other pci-e slot, then i didn't try it because the card in that slot wouldn't be able to get enough fresh air and it was only pin'ed to 8x
\/8 wrote:I found this:
UEFI -> Advanced -> "Primary Graphics Adapter" on [PCI-Express]
It helped the guy who had no image on the screen at all and his situation was just like yours. He changed AMD for Intel, Installed W7 again and card stopped working.
But you have image so it probably won't help.
Worth a shot, could you link to the place you found it on ;)
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Fri May 30, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are 2 (x16 and x8) slots and one more 4x if i'm correct. You can at least try.
If it is a power issue or something else. 7950 is probably more power hungry. 8x and 16x will hardly be noticeable with the 7950.

And make sure your card is set as primary GFX in the BIOS, like V8 mentioned. Switching off the intel onboard is maybe not enough.
A bit weird that the older card is working fine and this one is not
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:There are 2 (x16) slots and one more 8x if i'm correct. You can at least try. If it is a power issue or something else. 7950 is probably more power hungry.

And make sure your card is set as primary GFX in the BIOS, like V8 mentioned. Switching off the intel onboard is maybe not enough.
A bit weird that the older card is working fine and this one is not
The mobo.'s PCI-E slot are: 16x (gen3), 8x and 4x

And i have set the UEFI bios to Legasy mode, as you said turned of all intel onboard
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Fri May 30, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\/8

Bear304 wrote:[Worth a shot, could you link to the place you found it on ;)
I found it on Polish pc forum so you won't understand it (I guess). ;)
Another thing might be your PSU that you ruled out. How old it is? Maybe it's slowly dying because it's getting old. 6850 needs less power than 7950 so it may run just fine with it, but not with more powerful card.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes it looks a bit like a power issue. Thats why i want Bear to make sure he uses a dedicated power rail on the 7950, where nothing else runs on. No HDD etc.

8-)

Return to “PC”