PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

\/8 wrote:
Bear304 wrote:[Worth a shot, could you link to the place you found it on ;)
I found it on Polish pc forum so you won't understand it (I guess). ;)
Another thing might be your PSU that you ruled out. How old it is? Maybe it's slowly dying because it's getting old. 6850 needs less power than 7950 so it may run just fine with it, but not with more powerful card.
Antec True Power II 650 w, and it is 4 years and still under warranty, antec makes highend stuff 8-)

plus if it had it harder when it had to power the old 140 w AMD cpu .. the new intel is only 84 w

so i really don't think it is
MadManCK wrote:Yes it looks a bit like a power issue. Thats why i want Bear to make sure he uses a dedicated power rail on the 7950, where nothing else runs on. No HDD etc.

8-)
It feeds of 2 modalar power outleads on the PSU
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Fri May 30, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe your card can draw less power from this mobo somehow. Thats why i want you to try another slot.

Did you plug in both power plugs on the Mobo?

Make sure to use another power rail for the Videocard.

PS If it is a PSU issue, a good new one is a lot cheaper than a new GFX card 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
\/8

Yes Antec makes good stuff but sometimes things last longer than others even if it's the same model. Try to borrow PSU from a friend and then see if the problem is there. If this will be the problem then it will cost you nothing because it's still under warranty... yeah much cheaper than the new GTX. ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Maybe your card can draw less power from this mobo somehow. Thats why i want you to try another slot.

Did you plug in both power plugs on the Mobo?

Make sure to use another power rail for the Videocard.
Okay i'll try the different pci-e slot later, but it would be a very big performance bottleneck of running a pci-e gen 3 card on a gen 2 x8 slot xD

As for the power supply, this is the one use
http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=1759&fid=236

Graficcard uses different rails from the psu
\/8 wrote:Yes Antec makes good stuff but sometimes things last longer than others even if it's the same model. Try to borrow PSU from a friend and then see if the problem is there. If this will be the problem then it will cost you nothing because it's still under warranty... yeah much cheaper than the new GTX. ;)
Haha yeah, But i still think it is software related ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thanks for all the advises, but the other pci-e slot didn't work either, also tried with another modular outlet of my PSU, the card the runs, but the screen is blinking laggy as was it have always been after the shift.

I give up on it, im out of my element here...

Now im in the bad / lucky situation that a friend of mine is building himself a Hackingtosh (pc that runs a apply os) and need a graficcard for his setup, and his on a budget, so naturally his interested in mine, so now i just hope it works in his setup.

Then i can use the money i get for the old to buy a new graficcard, i might be able to scrab enough money together for a Nvidia GTX 760 or even a 770 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The other slot was just to see if there were some compatibility issues.

I still think the GFX does not get enough power somehow.
Anyway, good luck selling the card to your friend and with a GTX760/770 you won't have these issues for sure.

If you think it is software or driver related, you can also try a program called driver booster. And see if there are better drivers available for the individual components of your Mother board. Especially PCIex.
http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:The other slot was just to see if there were some compatibility issues.

I still think the GFX does not get enough power somehow.
Anyway, good luck selling the card to your friend and with a GTX760/770 you won't have these issues for sure.

If you think it is software or driver related, you can also try a program called driver booster. And see if there are better drivers available for the individual components of your Mother board. Especially PCIex.
http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:geek:
Only driver that wasn't up to date the Lan internet driver 8-)

But i have not tested with the card in the system as i am to tired at the moment ;)

But very nice and useful program :D
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

What do you guys think, cause in the last few days i have been wondering weather or not i might have bought a lemon - when it comes to motherboards.

Because the sound under cpu/gpu loading (even movies and games) has a sorter static noise ... i think it is the onboard sound, but now i'm going to test it with a dedicated soundcard, if that doesn't work ... uh! then this cheap ass Gigabyte motherboard is going flying into bin :twisted:

I'm starting to think all my problems are tied down to this shitty / faulty motherboard, lol i should have bought an Asus board instead - which is starting to become a very compelling thought :mrgreen:

Cheaper than a new graficcard, which i can't even be sure it will run right :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If it is still under warranty, contact the vendor and tell about the compatibility issues and ask for a trade or refund and grab a MoBo that will work with your GFX card.

You will have to rebuild the whole PC, but maybe that is the best solution.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:If it is still under warranty, contact the vendor and tell about the compatibility issues and ask for a trade or refund and grab a MoBo that will work with your GFX card.

You will have to rebuild the whole PC, but maybe that is the best solution.
Good idea, it is, i think i might just have to do that, and see what they have to said about it.

Either-way 100 €'s might have been to cheap for a good mobo. i think i have to throw in a another 30 to 40 €'s and be sure to get a good Asus board.

Return to “PC”