PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 4:35 pm I will do a dedicated thread, once the watercooling begins.

There is a Samsung sticker on the M2. That thing might even block heat dissipation. :lol:
I can remove that sticker and put a heat sink on it. But it won't be really needed there. It is placed very clever.

Edit; i might do a complete building thread, yes. 8-)

I found a Gelid tower cooler, i had for another project. Can't find the Megahalem. But the Gelid has AM3 mounts. It is a single 12cm fan 4 heatpipe cooler. That might be sufficient for now.

Ah okay thought so. ;)

True the placement is great, on my motherboard it could be an issue as the M.2 SSD is right over the main PCI-E slot so the hot air might heat the M.2 up. But for you it might just be for looks.

But i most likely won't get an M.2 SSD before my next ITX build in a few years, and then cooling the M.2 SSD on the backside of the motherboard would be more important.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just to shake things up, then i'm making a wall mount for my old Samsuck 24" LED screen ( BX2450 ), BUT Samsuck thought it was a good choice to have a nice plane looking back cover and have no VESA mount options at all ... So i have to make some gheto mount for it.

But hopefully i get some dual screen action soon as i'm so annoyed i can't game and watch a livestream or movie at the same time, or just lay in the bed and watch something, and since my old Samsuck TV/PC screen from the year 2004 with is so outdated it can't even catch the current TV channels and it also is the old square box resolution 800x600 ?? donno but old.

But the old TV has a gheto wall mount my dad made for it many years ago, so to retro fit it to my other screen to fit it should be interesting, but i have a pretty good idea for it, i just need to make it happen, and get a 3 meter HDMI to HDMI cable for it. ( It is 9 euros with shipping ... :o )

More to come once i get it done.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks like a lot of ghetto mounting is going on there. There are universal mounting clamps you can use. The old 24" monitor will still look a lot better than these old school tv's.

You can also get a bigger TV than your dad has and wall mount it. Like a 55" or 65" or so. :lol:

:loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Haha yea I could just get a better TV but I'm low on funds at the moment, so I would rather just use old 24" as it is already double as big as the old 18" 800x600 screen, and I also need to test how useful a second screen can be before spending a huge amount on it and I near watch cable TV anyway.

edit:
This is the work plan so far, the wall mount swing arm is already there so i just need to make the screen mount and bolt a metal tube to it and it is done, hopefully with with issues, but should be easy enough to make.
2017-05-08 12.37.19.jpg
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

My dad came home early from work and he just had to go for the simple yet more complex mounting option, engineers... :P But finished product turned out pretty good, but it feels abit flimsy with the mount we construction, it isn't as tough made as my original design could have be.

But now it is made, i can just make the optional mount for it if needed. But it looks like this.

The active younger youth might notice the wall mount is made out of kids running scooter bits hard 3 of them i broke the 2 of them to many stunts. 8-)

The old screen feel down as i started to look at how to loosen the bolts, but then the screen stand which was used as the anchor point for the swing mounting arm, the stand just cracked all over and the screen broke of saving me some time.

It only bounced on time when it hit the trailer in the garage so it was a hard hit :twisted:

On to the newer screens mount.

The new 3 meter HDMI cable comes tomorrow so for now i can only see the "check signal cable" box move around on the screen so it is atleast proof of life. :D
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice, my old screen is still alive, i hooked up my laptop to the screen and put on the last Blancpain race on, and the screen seems to be working as it should, i had my doubts as it had a bad HDMI connector and would flicker from time to time, remains to be seen.

2017-05-08 21.35.03.jpg
2017-05-08 21.35.52.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That can also be due to a bad cable. I just exchanged one of my HDMI for a new one and got rid of some noise on my 29" ultrawide on my desk.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Maybe, but i bought the 25" Dell screen a few weeks after i had started to happen, so i didn't do any tests on it.
Fuell
New Starter
New Starter

Beaerdroid91 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 10:52 pm Maybe, but i bought the 25" Dell screen a few weeks after i had started using to happen, so i didn't do any tests on it.
Nice, i just got myself a new pc with the 1080 graphics card and 32 gb or ram and things are running a lot smoother. it feels great to get a new pc as my old one was almost 8 years old.
Last edited by Fuell on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, it is always good to get some new stuff. Developments go crazy now with graphics especially, but also with SSD.

Now is a great time to do some upgrades. :party:

Return to “PC”