PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

When it comes to PC parts I find it's always best to go for the best that you can afford at the time even if this means sacrificing something else on your upgrade list till you get the money.
I have found to my own cost filling your PC with lots of cheap parts instead of a few good ones only costs you more down the line. :(
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_RANGER/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one looks cool. Has a kick ass audio chip on board as well ;)

Is around 150€

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I just sent the place i bought mobo. from a long and detailed compliant about the board, now i'll just have to see they think.
MadManCK wrote:http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_RANGER/

This one looks cool. Has a kick ass audio chip on board as well ;)

Is around 150€

:spy:
Had my eye one it too this morning 8-) i might just have cancel the soundcard i had planed to pickup today then :mrgreen:
Bezrider wrote:When it comes to PC parts I find it's always best to go for the best that you can afford at the time even if this means sacrificing something else on your upgrade list till you get the money.
I have found to my own cost filling your PC with lots of cheap parts instead of a few good ones only costs you more down the line. :(
Yeah that you are absolutely right about, i should have thought it through, but the motherboard i got came highly recommendend be many sites, but i guess they hadn't done any testing and only looked at spec's-to-price...

haha budget building sucks :lol:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol Mad have you read just half of what Asus has to say about the ROG mobo. it is light years ahead of the one i have in now, plus it has a shitload of features i never i needed :2thumbsup:

If i get a chance to swap for this board i will :mrgreen:

Only one little, but hugmongus problem .. will the big Megahelms cpu cooler clear the boards coolingfins :?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, thats why i did send you that link. :mrgreen:

You will probably have to mount one of your ventilators a few cm higher to clear some space. NP that can be done. The cooler itself will fit on there i think.

:rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

RMA is in progress, finally, and it sounds like it will be full refund :mrgreen:

And now to buy a Asus ROG Maximus VII (7) Ranger, and as luck would have it, i got letter by the mailman, from my school that said that i was to have about 100 €'s back because of a glitch in their system, thank you school 8-)

So now i have more than enough money to throw at a new overspec'ed high-end mobo., now its just a question of, do a order by mail and relax or do i take a 20 km bike ride in the hot sun :lol:

I think the latter one, as i can't wait a whole day to get that junk board out of my life :2thumbsup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:or do i take a 20 km bike ride in the hot sun :lol:

I think the latter one, as i can't wait a whole day to get that junk board out of my life :2thumbsup:
Lol, good luck with it. That Asus MB means business. :geek:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Succes, changing the motherboard did the trick :2thumbsup: ;)

Now the pc is firing on only cylinders, my AMD HD 7950 is working perfect, so i did a 3DMark test to see how big of an improvement i have made by switching to Intel and scored: 6081 on Firestrike, 17248 on Cloudgate and 161296 on Ice Storm

3DMark ranked my system as being better than 69% of all their results, while the old AMD system scored 58%, so the system must be 11% better, and it was pretty good to begin with :mrgreen:

So finally a happy ending to my nightmare build / upgrade :woot:

Some fast and not perfect pictures of the system as it is now 8-)
2014-06-04 21.52.34.jpg
The red lines are the dedicated powerlines for Asus' SupremeFX onboard soundchip looks great, its on even when the system is turned off 8-)
2014-06-04 21.54.06.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice, maybe you can do the 3D test over here and post the results 8-)
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The build looks very nice as well.

So the other MB was indeed a "lemon".
This one is a lot better anyway. More features and fully powered 2x16 PCIex 3.0 slots. Future graphic card upgrades will benefit from that as well.

Good to see it finally turned out well and useful topic, trying to analyze the issues that occurred and finding solutions.
Have fun with your new rig.

:rightthumbup:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thanks, i'll do a test with 3DMark Vantage and see how well it compares to yours ;)

Return to “PC”