PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 am Nice stitching :loll:

Still a bit strange that Razor does not offer replacement parts. There is a huge market for replacements, so it is not smart either from a commercial perspective not to have it. Unless they think everybody will buy a new one, once the earpads are gone.

Haha well thanks ;)

Well, maybe there is just really high demand on them, as they asked me to try again in a few weeks to see if they had gotten any more of the earpads.

But as the Blackshark was sort of a odd ball in the Razer line-up then i think they might not see it as being as important as the their other more mainstream gaming headsets.

But no worries there seems to be some alternative replacements out there, it is just a matter of finding them and praying they would fit, but i would like to try maybe a Bose earpad on headset, but don't know if it fits i just really want to see how the earpads i already ordered would fit on it before paying more towards earpads, so in a few weeks i will know for sure and if not then i can try Razer again, but doubt they would get any... :P
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

My PC is acting weird, i had it in hibernation as i always has it, but this time it didn't boot up, the light in the keyboard didn't power on so the nothing turned on right... So i'm like what the actual f**k, i hadn't touched it at all, and it had been running the same OC for the past what - 3 years, and now the motherboard gave me, the Q-code [55].

Asus Q-code [55] Which means; Memory not installed. Maybe your RAM is not compatible, is incorrectly connected or may be defective.

http://www.asusqcodes.com/index.php?inputCode=55

I'm like WTF, and i then pushed on the ram sticks, and then the pressed the MEM-OK button, and then it launched the BIOS, and then i tried to enter my old 2133 mhz OC on the ram again, my ram is 1866 mhz, and then the PC would normally boot loop 2-3 times to test the changes, but now it does it endlessly, i waited for it boot-loop test it self for 15 times, and then i gave up. So now i'm stuck at 1866 mhz on the ram.

It is worth noting the PC fired up 100% normally and running perfectly, it is only just after i put it into hibernation and went for bike ride and got back to turn it on again it started acting up.

So far i think it may be dust in the ram slots, but like how would it get into the slot when the ram stick installed, and why first now act strange after years... It is so weird.

But the PC seems to be running fine, with the RAM at 1866 mhz / their stock clocks, so maybe my ram stick or sticks are going bad... :?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Check the motherboard battery. It is a simple, round coin like one. Usually placed at a ridiculous stupid place, like under your graphics card.

An empty battery can cause issues, as it keeps voltage to the on board chips so they can memorize bios settings etc. Not all chips are flash rom.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:17 pm Check the motherboard battery. It is a simple, round coin like one. Usually placed at a ridiculous stupid place, like under your graphics card.

An empty battery can cause issues, as it keeps voltage to the on board chips so they can memorize bios settings etc. Not all chips are flash rom.
True, but then the dates and clock would be messed up, and mine are on point, so it is something different.

I think i'll try to swap the sticks out and have a look at them tomorrow, maybe blowing in the ram slots would make it act normal again, but who knows.

I'm also going to run the Windows memory test on next start up.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just got my fake Razer Hammerhead v1 Pro headset, the earbuds were crap but the headset itself is decent, but mostly bought it for the looks.

It feels abit cheap but only 15 USD versus the 80 USD retail of the original headset, but it looks the part and sounds decent, but not the head shacking bass the originals have.
2017-08-11 16.06.11.jpg
2017-08-11 16.06.27.jpg

Playing a stock trading game and Nvidia just dropped 5% :o time to buy it all up. :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is not just Nvidia that dropped.... :twisted:

If you want to get really good earplugs, grab Sennheiser. I got a pair for just 49€ and they are so much better than anything else. You will only believe that when you hear it. But nothing beats real headphones imo.

:musicheadphones:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Already have a pair of Sennheiser earbuds, i use them on my bike backpack when i ride my bike.

I actually put on a spare set of earbuds from my Sennheiser headset, that made the fake Razer headset sound much better than with the cheap silicon earbuds it came with. ;)

edit.
The hard plastic packaging from the new headset, was so stiff i could use it as a light diffuseser on my bike's 2000 lumens headlight, so know non of the oncoming cars will flash me down. But did have some cold sweat on my last night bike ride, as a Police car spotlight turn on on me, so i think i got of with a warning :lol: But the new diffuseser is longer than my old and now i think i got it right so it doesn't blind on coming traffic to much, but hard to find the right sweet spot as i need to be able to see when i'm going when i ride in the dark at 30-40 km/h it looks right when i tested it just now, but it wasn't dark at all so no idea if it works or not.

- - -

An update on the RAM pc issues, now my system sometimes randomly reboots itself, in the event logger i see the error [ Kernel-Power 41 (63) ], seeing online that people see this error when they have a faulty piece of hardware, in my case i know i had some RAM issues, but they went away for a few days, but 30 min ago my PC just rebooted itself ... so the RAM issue is still there.

So i think i have to take the ram out, and blow some air into the ram slots, so i cannot live with an issue like this. so time for some dinner and then i'll pull out the system, which means carrying the 30 kg monster out into the garage to the air compressor.

But strangely enough, my RAM passed the windows RAM testers test without issues, so is it dust or just burned out RAM...
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Also i took out the RAM to have a look at them, and then blow into the slots which looked clean, so i installed the ram into channel 2 (black), they been in channel 1 (red) since they last 2-3 years. It didn't making any difference at all.

So read online about other Asus ROG owners having the same issue as me, so tried doing as they suggested, by setting AI-tuner to manual and going into RAM timings and setting them to Auto, so now then PC skipped the boot loops testing, and is running it's old 2133 mhz OC on the ram, and so far no issues... yet.

I hope it was just a setting, and not the ram.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Wrong timings can mess things up. I usually stick to XMP or select a setting that is slightly below the maximum. You will never really notice the difference in daily use and it adds to the overall stability of the system. Only for benchmarking it can make a small difference.

I will have to get into that with AMD, as it appears the CPU performance depends more on ram timings and speed than is the case with Intel.

Right now i'm not stuck but i need to free up some time and clear my head. To do a complex build right you need to have the right mindset. And no rush :lol:

BTW; if the memory settings are not stored properly, it still might be advisable to switch the Mobo battery for a new one. They last for about 4-5 years.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

My Fury X 2x8 GB 1866 mhz ram kit is listed with 10-11-10 clocks, but in auto at 2133 mhz it runs at 11-13-13.

Better to have lower timing values if i'm not mistaken.

Also my motherboard never had a XMP profil for my ram, even-though my Fury X ram is the most common ram sold, i had to set them up manually, maybe due to the ram having a auto OC built in on the lower speed kits.

But for now i have a stable system knock on wood, so i'll run it as is for now and leave it be.

- -

Yea know the feeling, but you have to think how awesome the system will be once finished, and then just put on some good music and get cracking on it. ;)

Return to “PC”