PC Upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well this was easy, just plugged the new screen into the GTX 1070 FTW's HDMI and heard the Windows sound and it was setup as a secondary screen by default.

So only had to change the text size so i read the text a 1,5m away when i'm learned back in my chair, so now i'm good to go, for watching Youtube or a stream while during something else, just as i wanted it so i'm happy with the end result. :woot:

But the 25" 2560x1440p screen runs with 125% scaling and the 24" 1920x1080p screen runs 150% scaling, so the courser movement between the screens is nearly seamless.

Oh and Windows also allowed me to move the the 1080p screen to the left of the primary screen, so it is working perfectly.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I wasn't aware you could have dedicated scaling on each monitor. Nice feature. W10 has its perks.

It seems to have worked out nicely. 24" is a good TV size as well.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

My life is over :cry:

My beloved Razer Blackshark headset's right ear foam cup just ripped apart from from the rest of the leather looking material.

I just finished writing to Razer's customer support, so hopefully they can help me out, as i love my headset, as it is so nice to wear for hours and hours, and i where glasses and it doesn't pressure them our my head it just sits perfectly on the head.

Seen other cases about the foam ear cups tearing apart, now i just hope Razer can help me out.

edit.
At first i thought it was a bee next to my right ear, but turned out to be the leathery cover that broke apart :(
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I'm pretty sure you can buy replacement pads. But you never know if they are as comfy as the original ones.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 pm I'm pretty sure you can buy replacement pads. But you never know if they are as comfy as the original ones.

I actually already did, i read alot i mean ALOT of angry comments of Blackshark owners who's ear pads had ripped, so alot suggest a cheap alternative, and some said it felt even better than the stock ones, but at 4 euros i had to try, but they seem to be shipping out of China so could be a good while before i get them. I'm only upset about it being orange, as the OEM's are green.

But then again i have no clue if Razer has a stock of the ear pads i need for my Blackshark headset, but alot of owners who have dealt with them said that the spare parts are shipped out of USA so the shipping alone would be more than the actual part in most cases. Which was why alot of owners had suggest a the alternative ear pads.

But sure i would to get a good pair of ear pads for my headset but taking the risk of it fitting or not is not a gamble i like to do, but might research it abit more depending on how the new china ear pads fit and feel.

Edit.
The headset will look like this, i found a customer review who had put the replacement ear pads on his headset, and well he said it was a bit loser in it is fit but the feel was the same, so that is good.

His is the Blackshark Battlefield edition version, why they are orange and not green.

71lBZm3+90L._SL256_.jpg
Maybe it'll feel better for the ears, as the stock ones could set abit strange on the ears, but nothing bad, so maybe it is better to have a better ear pad.

But the broken ear pad is sitting really bad on my ear, so it makes it harder to wear it for longer times at a time.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

After more research i found out that the Audio Technica replacement ear pads actually fits the my Blackshark headset as well, so ordered that one too, but same slow China delivery speed it will be a good 2-3 weeks before i get them. But the quality looks better than the other option above.

Also the replacement ear pads for Audio Technica's are actually the same shape and hopefully size too, so it would fit perfectly, if the reviewer was correct in saying it would fit the Blackshark - fingers crossed it does, but if not then it is only 5 USD, and i have the other ear pads coming as well as a back up plan. ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

As i kind of expected Razer's support was fast and good'ish, but they didn't have any of the ear pads for the Razer Blackshark headset, which is kind of embarrassing for them considering nearly every Blackshark ear pads have failed. And as a result other Blackshark owners write reviews on the ear pads saying what fits, and i ordered my new pads based on those reviews, so hopefully they are right.

But hopefully one of the new ear pads i ordered will be a good replacement, but next weeks / 250-300 hours will be pure torture are the foam inside the ear pad is itching on my ear, so the replacement can't come fast enough.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I have been watching alot of the videos about Bitcoin mining, and then i remembered i had actually gotten 2 PCI-E mining ricers when i picked up a box of hardware bits a while ago.
2017-07-10 16.36.46.jpg
So now i could in theory make my own bitcoin mining rig, if i could find the right GPU's for it, which i highly doubt, as they are sold out or on backorder.

Also i don't know if it would be worth it to do bitcoin mining considering the parts buy in and then the power bill, it would be months before a rig like that had earned its start investment back.

So maybe i should just try to sell the mining ricers, as i don't have a 2 GPU's are a motherboard to run them.

But might be interesting to try mining with my GTX 1070 doing the night, as the GTX 1070 is one of the best cards for mining as it runs very efficient, but i have no idea how to set up a bitcoin account etc. but i just see it as an interesting idea to be make abit of money on the side.

But for now i'll research it more before trying it out, but in trading a few years of the cards life for money towards a new card would be would the risk imo. as i tend to sell my card after 2-3 years anyway, but question is if you could make enough to make a profit on it.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

My headsets right ear pad had ripped all the way round, so i decided to try and sew the ear pad back together, and it turned out pretty well, not pretty but well it only has to last until the new ear pads come for it, which is still 1-2 weeks away at best, as it is from china. Only sad thing was i had to cut some of the green inner pad away to be able to sew it, but i can't hear any difference with and without it.

2017-07-12 15.18.38.jpg

Mind you this is me trying to remember what i learned in torture class some 15 years ago, but besides a cracked thumb nail then it went easy enough.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice stitching :loll:

Still a bit strange that Razor does not offer replacement parts. There is a huge market for replacements, so it is not smart either from a commercial perspective not to have it. Unless they think everybody will buy a new one, once the earpads are gone.

Return to “PC”