New Intel Core i7 4790K

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-devil ... 90k_143234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Intel gone to the dark side? :twisted:

Epic processor. With turbo up to 4.4GHZ and that is the stock setting :D

First genuine 4GHZ processor from Intel.

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice but I bet they are expensive :eeek:
I think my i7 still has a bit life in it yet, and when I do move on to my next custom build maybe the price will be lower :party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

All current Core i7 processors are strong enough for most applications and games.

Better to invest in extra memory or a better GFX.

But this one is not only very fast but also not very power hungry. And that is the biggest achievement. Only 88W TDP. Maybe if you overclock it you will go back to the future.
I run my current 2700K at 4.2GHZ, aircooled without problems. So i don't really need to upgrade that one. Intel is one a very strong streak with processor building now. Improving both small and big things.
It will be hard for other Chipmakers to match that.

Wonder how long it will take for them to do the same with GFX.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

pff to expensive... i rather buy the new unlocked intel pentium
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Too expensive? There was a time when Intel asked almost 1000$ for their fastest models. Usually around 500$ now. And the prices mentioned are batch prices. For whole sales.

The main CPU is still the biggest performance factor for your complete PC. Where people are scammed to spend 500$ on a GFX card, they are holding back on the CPU, lol.

AMD is working on 16 core processors. I wonder if they will come up with something that can make Intel nervous again.

:character-blues:

Return to “PC”