Crazy and Cool case upgrades

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Awesome PC cases of Computex 2014 8-)
http://www.cnet.com/uk/pictures/the-awe ... -computex/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I like Steampunk design :2thumbsup:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Some interesting ones 8-)
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

i like the orange honeycomb one. pretty.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

This watercooling loop left me speechless :o

It's a very impressive and extremely custom loop this guy has made, this is watercooling as an art form 8-)

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Awesome custom setup. Just imagine the amount of time and effort that went into that build.
More like art.

Just getting all the parts and make them fit. And those custom made plexiglass loops.
And he also uses 2 separate loops, 1 for the CPU and MB and another for the GFX cards.

BTW, those color additives seriously mess up your rig. Never use it. It will cause a watercooling infarct as it will block the flow through the tiny fins in cool blocks. I always used demineralized water or glycol.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Very nice setups I can't imagine what the cost would be for that sort of thing. :shock:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:BTW, those color additives seriously mess up your rig. Never use it. It will cause a watercooling infarct as it will block the flow through the tiny fins in cool blocks. I always used demineralized water or glycol.
I read online that the dye in the red liquid is the worst of them, but i understand why people would still want it in their systems, but where it me i would just distilled water and put some defends additive in the water to keep something from living in it ;)

btw you can always get different color tubes, that way you avoid using dyes :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes i had some fluo tubes for a while with a different color coolant running through it. But i had to clean the pump from all the blue residue :lol:
Most additives have color as well. More for show than functional.

There is even cooling fluid that changes color, depending on temperature (Jekill and Hyde) and a lot of other stuff.

Demineralized water is even better than destilled water. And with some glycol added to it, you never have algea or mineral deposits in your loop. I bet it is even better than what is in the factory cooling solutions from coolermaster and corsair, lol :lol:

And even with non corrosive cooling fluids, you still have to be careful not to match aluminum radiators with copper cooling blocks etc. All copper is still the best, but also the most expensive.

Custom plexiglass loops like they machined for this build are awesome. But you need to know what you are doing. Getting it watertight is more difficult than it may appear. Also making all the hard tubes exactly the right length is precision work.
I think when you have build a few cases with watercooling yourself, you appreciate even more what they puilled off with this build.

Maybe my next rig will have a MB and GFX that support water loops. :mrgreen:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Found this project, it is not an insane watercooling setup, as in matter of fact this is an ultra quiet air cooled system :P

The guy who made it is a quiet freak, so he made his own custom pc case from the ground up, and modded the parts to fit in it, it is a really impressive result, the pc is extremely quiet while being benchmarked, so i have to give him credit for that, and a A+ for effort as the system is well build, and you can tell he has spent countless hours on it ;)

Enjoy, this is something else than the usual pc rigs :party:

Intro and tour of the build:

Build log:

Sound / quiet test:

Return to “PC”