Watercooled graphic card mod project

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Red fits the theme of the case and also is the ATI color.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Red fits the theme of the case and also is the ATI color.

:party:
Red is my favourite colour so go for it :rightthumbup:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thanks, haha lol it was also the red i was leaning against :lol:

And it just so happen that i have a red flex led strip left from my lighting mod :mrgreen:

This mod is relatively easy to do, plus i can do / make the vram / vrm cooling fan mount at the same time, and then mount it all when i change the thermal pads and put the copper heatsinks on :mrgreen:

But might be a while before i can mount it all, as the summer vacation at the country house near the sea is around the corner, but i can begin on it now ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I just got back to the city from the summer house for a few days, i then i found and mounted my Chinese bought copper ram heatsinks.

I also swapped out the thermalpads under the vram / vrm coolplate, and a much higher grade of thermalpads
Watercooled graphic card with copper heatsinks
Watercooled graphic card with copper heatsinks
I don't know if i got a better mount on the GPU core die or the vram heatsinks helped, but im seeing much lower temperatures than i did before. I did the same 15 min. burn test with fur-mark, and it is even a bit warmer in my room then the previous test i did a while back, anyway now i'm idling at 29*c before it was 30*c and the load temp. after 15 min. was 51*c and it used to be 56*c, could be one or the other that has helped with my temp's .. but i'm happy either way 8-)

Also my test runs where with my cases front door close, it was open for the other tests (so about 20% fresh air intake handicap)

I'll try to make it sweat tomorrow in Grid AS - if it even can get it over 50*c now ;)
__

At the moment i'm think i won't need a fan to blow air down on the vram and vrm chips as i have plenty of airflow under the card in the case which is polled out by a 92mm fan mount in the pci slot grills - It seem to work well enough that a extra fan on the GPU would be overkill as i don't plan on pushing the card (OC) ;)
__

Now my i guess my main project is done, with a great result. Now it is time for the cosmetics IF i decide on doing it .. i'm just a bit worried about the possible resale value of the graphic card once I upgrade it in a few years, at that time being able to go back to the stock cooler might come in handy ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It looks like cooling your VRam and Mosfets works very well. But 5 degrees overall is a lot.
I always take the delta T for comparison. Chip temperature minus room temp.

As long as you do not overclock your GFX, the resell value will remain. And when you sell with the stock cooler, it will probably be mounted better than the factory did anyway. :lol:

:rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “PC”