Windows 10

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Boxxout3 wrote:Still think w7 is the best at the moment. It will be hard to beat. Don't feel the need to change to anything new yet.
Yea same here win 7 is the best one since XP it will have to have something good for me to change any time soon. :party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think MS has a weird kind of cycle, where they release a bad OS and a good one after that. I think W9 will be good.
But right now W7 is the best and most stable windows OS i ever had.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

i might upgrade, but only if i figure out how to uninstall w7 without a disk [this pc was prebuilt and the shop i got it from kept the windows disc]
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:i might upgrade, but only if i figure out how to uninstall w7 without a disk [this pc was prebuilt and the shop i got it from kept the windows disc]
Off Topic
you can make a BU of your Windows install, by burning it to a DVD or copy to a USB Stick. :geek:
With these new W9 OS installs, you can probably install it over the "old W7" and keep your important maps end files. But it is best to BU personal files on another disc anyway.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:
Prepsi wrote:i might upgrade, but only if i figure out how to uninstall w7 without a disk [this pc was prebuilt and the shop i got it from kept the windows disc]
OT, you can make a BU of your Windows install, by burning it to a DVD. :geek:

With these new W9 OS installs, you can probably install it over the "old W7" and keep your important maps end files. But it is best to BU personal files on another disc anyway.
If you have the W7 serial code you can get the original install files, and put it on a usb flash drive, and simple boot from that ;)

This also why alot of new pc's doesn't come with disc drives anymore :mrgreen:
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

problem is i don't have the serial, this was built by a shop and they kept the key :/
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:problem is i don't have the serial, this was built by a shop and they kept the key :/
Off Topic
there should be a sticker on your PC or laptop with the SNR.

GeforcerFX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Well I am in retail so I deal with all the windows 8 hate, the biggest thing I have noticed is most people have spent no time on windows 8 and are going off what there friends sisters roommate's cousin said. The other chunk have spent 10 min with it never bother to give it a chance and immediately switched back. For those that actually gave it a week or two and really didn't like it I understand and harbor no ill will (but if you hated vanilla 8 try 8.1 update 1 lots of new goodies) The sad thing is under the GUI windows 8/8.1 is the best windows to date, great multi process usage and proper core parking with low memory usage as well, no graphics pull from the UI either. The start screen was fantastic I always wanted more from the start menu and had already messed around with a program that gave me a larger display are where i could reorganize my icons and programs. I hate desktop clutter its not organized never will be and it slows down your system boot (not that most gamers have to worry but those with a basic system will see the performance hit), having a second screen to organize and launch my programs from is fantastic leaving my desktop clear of program launch clutter and random crap i can just put on the start screen. The apps aren't everyone's cup of tea luckily it literally takes 1 min to un-install them (we have timed ourselves in the shop) If i spend 10 min showing someone with little computer knowledge windows 8.1 and a few of the customizations they are usually perfectly fine with the system and have no problem from there on out. I was amzd how many geeks hated have a large menu that they could customize with all there programs and files to launch from one place and have it neat and organized and customizable, but ohh well. I did hate windows 8's search function, but 8.1's is by far my favorite to date in a windows. Windows 9 takes everything I love about windows 8.1 and keeps it, while giving people even more UI customization options, also virtual desktops (if the rumors are true) will be awesome, I prefer them over Multi-Monitors (especially for laptops/tablet PC's) I loved the feature in XP and even more in Ubuntu when they introduced it in there. VirtuaWin has kept me going since then but having it built in would be awesome.
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I had win 8 installed on my partner Julie's laptop and what put me off was the fact that it was designed around the touch screen market with little consideration for the keyboard and mouse user.
I realise this has been addressed in the update but its still not for me, roll on win 9 time to burry win 8 just like we did with win ME. :mrgreen:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some more info about W9

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

:character-blues:

Return to “PC”