Windows 10

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

All laptops involved were upgraded from W7pro/ultimate or W8.1Pro. Only the ones with W10 natively installed were not affected in a negative way by this update.
So it might also be a manufacturers thing. As they only support the laptops with the OS it came with. Most issues were driver issues and some drivers are product specific.

Anyway, problems fixed :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Today is the last day you can update to W10 free from W7 or W8.

I still have some older PC somewhere with W7. I need that one for a project, so maybe i will boot it up today :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Today is the last day you can update to W10 free from W7 or W8.

I still have some older PC somewhere with W7. I need that one for a project, so maybe i will boot it up today :mrgreen:
And I still have a few win 10 pro OEM keys going cheep (15 euro) if anyone wants one. :P (hurry not many left) ;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote: And I still have a few win 10 pro OEM keys going cheep (15 euro) if anyone wants one. :P (hurry not many left) ;)
PM Sent ;)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

W10 has had a huge upgrade, like the one last year. Let's call it 10.2. But it also messed up a lot of things.
They call it the Anniversary edition.

With every OS install or upgrade, you will have to reinstall all drivers, even if they never mention that anywere. It will take me a while before everything runs as it should again.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well i really like "10.2" it fixed The Crew's map loading issues, but i did have to reinstall my sidebar gadgets again ;)

But everything seems to be running much smoother after the update, so they fixed more than they broke :D
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The W10 anniversary edition might have fixed some issues and increased support for hardware, the SLI support is even worse than before.
I get stuttering images in The Crew and FPS drops. Not so cool.

Already tried to fix it with completely removing all Nvidia drivers and software manually and reinstall it. But without noticable effects.

Also 3D MK scores have dropped to 15.800 (used to be over 16.000). Last test was 15.600 even.

:angry-banghead:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Good thing it wont be long before the black beast arrives :mrgreen:

Then the SLI nightmare is over.

Btw did i say yesterday that i tried the same roads in The Crew that used to map glitch for me, and now there is nothing but open roads ahead of me, and won't have to reset my car every now and again.

It stil remains to be seen if we can start a FD cruise from anywhere on the map, which used to bring a endless loading screen.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It seems like i'm not the only one who had some issues with the Anniversary update of W10.

The web is full of it. The SLI issues were a nightmare. I really do not understand that a large company like Microsoft does mess things up like that. Big fail.

Fortunately for me, the Titan X was just what the Doctor ordered. :lol:

It is perfectly save to update to the Anniversary W10pro version.... :?

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows10 ... ms-how-fix

http://forums.windowscentral.com/window ... -10-a.html

http://forums.evga.com/Issues-Enabling- ... 58897.aspx

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... -say-users

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/f ... 680829262/

From what i have been reading, it is a miracle that i got it to work :lol:
This update must have been one of M$ Major League F-ups, untill now.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I did warn this update was coming a few posts back, so far everything seems ok at my end. :P
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 230#p43133
Image Image

Return to “PC”