Windows 10

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:If you activate your reservation, Windows 10 will be auto downloaded to your PC as soon as it becomes available.

All W7 and 8 users can upgrade free. You will be able to upgrade up to a year after the release. But i will do it straightaway on all PC's i think. As W10 is pretty good.

So, you don't need to buy it when you have W7 or 8. It is a free upgrade.
I know, but i'll just buy it anyway, as a want to do a fresh install, so upgrading a already running system is out of the question ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, you don't have to buy it. :lol:

The upgrade is a fresh install. You can make W10 recognize your important maps etc. But a complete fresh install is also possible.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

No way will I be taken it not the home edition anyway I like to screen all the updates and install what I want not what windows wants me to install

Auto updates
Auto updates installation
No option to turn auto updates off

I will stay with windows 7 or i will buy a higher up version of windows 10 for new PC build
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, i think i will check out first what they give with the home edition. It usually fits for most purposes. I can always upgrade to an ultimate version.

:geek:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2873214/ ... users.html

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've just accepted the pre-install but after reading a bit more about win 10 I am having second thoughts. :think:
It looks like this will be the last full windows that will be released and from now on windows will only receive updates. :o

No wonder they are giving this version of windows away as nothing has been released about how they will be financing the continued updates and support for windows from now on :shifty: my guess is they plan to get as many new customers on board with windows 10 as possible then release the news about having to pay for annual updates (with security updates released for free as and when needed) :shock:

I'm just reading between the lines here but they will have to find a way to pay for this somehow. :twocents-twocents: $Microsoft
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:I'm just reading between the lines here but they will have to find a way to pay for this somehow. :twocents-twocents: $Microsoft
Yes, what's the catch :mrgreen:

Bill Gates does run some charities and a welfare foundation with his wife, but giving away an operating system for free?
Maybe the legalizing of Marihuana in the States starts to bare fruits. :lol:

They must have come up with a new business model. Apps, advertizing, licensing, maybe even DLC.
"So, you want to open a program? Sorry, only free the first time. Afterwards it will cost you" :loll:

Especially knowing they do work closely with the NSA makes it even more fishy. They ask for backdoors, which places every-bodies cyber security in jeopardy.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I bought a Win 8.1 Pro key for about 40 euros and just finished installing it, got to say i hate the fact newer versions of Windows having to question everything you do, good thing Win 8.1 Pro is only a stepping stone before i upgrade it to Win 10 :P

But thank god for the classic start menu add on, as Win 8's menu system drives me nuts :lol:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes it drives me nuts as well but not long now till win 10. :party:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just got the offer by Windows to reserve a Win 10 upgrade once it hits the marked. 8-)

I also in the mean time found a way to make my desktop more homy, with my Win 7 gadgets, so now i'm happy with Win 8.1 Pro :D

I just can't live without my system info gadgets, like AIDA64 and "All cpu meter", to run them i use "8GadgetPackSetup" works pretty well so far ;)
Skærmbillede 2015-06-11 04.05.37.png
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Those widgets can become a security risk. That is why they were removed from Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/gadgets

Return to “PC”