Windows 10

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The source of GFX downclocking for no reason seems to be the XBOX app and especially the DVR option.
the latest windows 10 update really screwed my fps. If you have windows 10 go to cortana and type in xbox app, launch it. Then go to settings ---> game dvr and disable it. That crap really tanked my fps after I disabled it everything was good.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

MS cares about your privacy... :lol:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... UBQACtL.97
At Microsoft, we are deeply committed to protecting our customers’ privacy. This includes providing clear choices and easy-to-use tools that put you in control of how your information is collected and used. Trust is a core pillar of our More Personal Computing vision, and we are working hard to make sure Windows 10 is the most secure Windows ever and a product you love and trust.
I sometimes really wonder what spindoctors they hire to produce texts like these. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Great again. Win10 made updates and I must reinstall my Logitech Gaming software again. My Driving Force GT don't work at all :angry-banghead:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

W10 makes a habit of that. Some hardware is not even recognized after a W10 update.

Every update takes acouple of hours to restore your stuff as you want it. And probably forget a thing or two... ;)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

W10 will get a dedicated game mode, like mentioned earlier. It will prioritize games, so games will perform better.

https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10s-gam ... w-release/

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Finally something useful for Win10 was about time.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Sounds interesting but will it do what it says or is it just another way to control something else in our lives. :twisted:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just installed the latest big update for win 10 ( took about 20 min) so far no problems. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I find this pretty shocking that you have to manually turn all of the extra useless programs off in Windows, so much lost performance running background apps that have no use, or Windows constantly synchronizing a cloud server for pretty much everything you touch.

And the Win Defender submitting to a cloud server virus test, it is just scary how much Microsoft is watching our every move.

You would be amazed by the amount of junk that just needs to be turned off.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This W10 update, which is in fact a complete new Windows version, was a nightmare on both my machines. I postponed it for a reason. Not only did i have to manually remove and re-install several drivers, it also changes settings and support.
My other PC, which has all kind of automatics running, did not even reboot but hanged.

From now on i will call them the Microsoft Maffia. :character-blues:

Just imagine the time and energy that it takes worldwide to fix these avoidable issues. :angry-banghead:

Anyway the installation hassle is over for now. :facepalm:

Return to “PC”