900 series video cards

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Prepsi wrote:As compared to AMD not being able to make a driver that works?
AMD's drivers is much better than they used to be + after shifting to Nvidia and using their GameReady profiles my games tents to crash more so than with AMD drivers, and also the Nvidia display driver is crashing alot more often then AMD!

So know you your facts .. Nvidia sucks too :lol:
_

Right now i just sent the retailer i bought my GTX 970 from an email, asking what they're going to do regarding refunds, because i can't stand Nvidia's silence, i want some options (escape ways), even-though the card is still good. But for me it is the unknown future of the card i spent 400 euros on that eats away on my soul, makes my sick just thinking of it, because i won't stand by and let Nvidia get away with this fraud, which i find is unacceptable!

It's a damn shame AMD's new 300 series isn't released yet.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks like in their haste to create a budget version of the 980, they cut a few wires too many. If things are not lasered away, they should be able to do a firmware upgrade. I don't think this can be easily solved with a driver update.

Most simple solution now is to disable the "Rogue Ram" and let the card operate with just 3.5 gig. Plenty for most games, even at very high res. That workaround should fix most issues. But is not satisfying in the long run.

I think this is the downside of not properly developing new products. Remember that not too long ago, new GFX were introduced once every 2 or 3 years. The rush to be the fastest and best has obviously led to cutting corners.

Reminds me a bit of how the software and gaming industry works nowadays... :whistle:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've been an Nvidia fanboy ever since my first PC and only ever used AMD cards in laptops as they came pre-installed but I have got to admit Nvidia have dropped the ball on this and it has dented my love of the brand. :(

I will still go on buying Nvidia cards mainly for the compatibility but they need to sort something out for the buyers and try and save a little face on this.
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I think Hitler nailed it :lol:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

Just an update; I'm waiting for my retailer to get back to me about a possible refund, which they in theory are obligated to do by EU law if i remember correct. When i get my card refund i might buy a new GTX 970 for less than what i gave back in november, not sure if i want to though, Nvidia f**ked me and every GTX 970 buyers over, and now i have no thrust in the company. :angry-steamingears:

I also have the option to go back to my OLD Radeon HD 6870 1gb and OC the hell out of that with my watercooling parts from my HD 7950 project, which i kinder regret selling now, but who the hell could have foreseen this major f**k up! (atleast i want to give the old card a shot, see if a can push it enough to handle my game at a decent level) 8-)

I might jump on THE RED TEAM again after Nvidia's treatment, the new R9 300 series is looking like it finally could put a dent in Nvidia's income, the 400 euros should get back would go a long way towards a R9 390 ;)
______

Don't really know if this is true but:
I saw on a tech news site that the possible new R9 390 would use ram chips rated at over 600 gb's pr. sec, whereas the 970 and 980 only use ram rated for about 350 gb's pr. sec :geek:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I have calmed down, like i said in my other thread where i debated whether or not to refund my GTX 970, but i looked at it from another perspective, meaning a that i won't even max out the vram on my 1080p screen, even with DSR 2K.

So i'll keep it, but i won't forgive Nvidia easily ;)

And this video came out today and it pretty much says the same as i do

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

Return to “PC”