900 series video cards

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:If all those cards, from different brands, suffer from a fan control bug, it might be an Nvidia design thing. Always better that they run at full speed, instead of stopping completely or spinning too low. GTX970 is not a heat monster at stock speeds. So no big problems there. But they better fix this with a driver update.

:geek:
I also think it is driver related, but knowing Nvidia they'll have a driver fix for it, as the GTX 970 is there bestseller of the 900 series up to now.

Yeah lol atleast it defaulted to 100% fan speed, i have heard of MSI Gaming cards fan the fans didn't start up after hybrid idle mode (MSI and Asus shut of the fans in idle below 60*c).

But lol this just weirded my out, as the card just ramped up in idle sitting at a comfy 34*c (none OC'ed) :?
_

Also i think 35*c is pretty for idle on a card of this efficiency, my HD7950 idled at both a lower voltage and temperature, it idled a 31*c, but that's just an observation ;)
_

But The Windforce cooler does a good job, max i've seen in gaming loads are 67*c and really maxing it out in FurMark it hit 76*c, but at that time it used all of it's spair power (100% TDP) normal gaming it only uses about 65% TDP
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Asus has shrunk the card, lol. I like this one. Might be a successor to my current gtx670 mini (that one rocks)

http://www.maximumpc.com/asus_points_sh ... _form_2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX970DCMOC4GD5/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cool little bugger :D hmm it's half as big as my GTX 970 G1 gaming :lol:

It'll be interesting to see if it packs to same punch 8-)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The Nvidia GTX 960's just got released today, the web is bussing about them as this is the bread and butter card for Nvidia ;)

But the GTX 960 only has 2 GB, so it can't match the GTX 970 +'s 4 GB, eventhough they to overclock like beasts :lol:

GTX 960 is for the budget gamer (1080p res)

GTX 970 is for the enthusiast gamer (4K ready res)

GTX 980 is for the mental gamers (4K res)

Can't wait to see some of the benches of it, and how it stacks up, especially against AMD's new cards 8-)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I saw this earlier today looks like a nice card for the price but for hard core gaming I would go for something with a bit more power.
Anyway here's a link to some details. LINK
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes, the new GTX 960 is relatively cheap, but it is also much less powerful, it can barely fend of a R9 280, where as the GTX 970 eats R9 290's all day long, but the GTX 960 uses half the power that the R9 280 uses :lol:

But if history is any indication then we'll see a hardcore GTX 960 Ti (with hopefully 3-4 GB vram) in a few months, as there is a gab in the line up for it ;)

But for a single 1080p monitor then the 960 is fine, it won't shake the world or any thing.
_

So if you have a sub GTX 760 then I would wait and see what's in store from the Red team or see if the Ti might be coming ;)
_
GTX 960 bench
GTX 960 bench
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

gtx960 has a rubbish price and performance, i would buy a gtx760 for less then give it a OC
nathan is a mexican!!
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

snake250 wrote:gtx960 has a rubbish price and performance, i would buy a gtx760 for less then give it a OC
Or wait for the 960TI :lol:
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

Prepsi wrote:
snake250 wrote:gtx960 has a rubbish price and performance, i would buy a gtx760 for less then give it a OC
Or wait for the 960TI :lol:

The 960ti will be almost $400 in aus...
nathan is a mexican!!
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I would hold of on buying the GPU just yet, I just did a fast search of the web, and everyone is hyped about the GTX 960 TI and GTX 965 TI (said to be GTX 780 performance)

(Bottom up: GTX 960, GTX 960 Ti and GTX 965 Ti)
Image http://www.kitguru.net/components/graph ... his-month/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't really confirm any of it, as it may just be chatter, but it looks pretty legit ;)

If it where me then i would wait and see the outcome of the GPU war, AMD has yet to fire a shot, but Nvidia looks stronger than ever 8-)

Return to “PC”