900 series video cards

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

And Nvidia has one more hot iron in the forge. Just imagine the 780Ti/Tesla successor on a smaller form factor with some upgrades.

That will be the first single GPU card that can handle 4K gaming at 60fps. :party:

And maybe one is clever enough to create a 4-core GFX on a single card :eeek:
The GTX980 scales very well, so why not...

:woot:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yeah Nvidia is just waiting for AMD to clime the stairs before they'll kick them down again :lol:

LOL a 4 core gpu would be insane :mrgreen: then it would be something like a 3-4 pci-e slot watercooled beast and would need a 3-4 8-pin power connectors :shock:

Maybe a new Titan card, the older Titans is starting to look weak :P
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Owh maaan .. here i was so happy about my "4 GB" GTX 970, now it turns out that Nvidia has been cheating everyone by selling us a card with 3,5 GB fast vram and 0,5 GB slow vram, so in theory my card only has 3,5 GB that matters ... ! :angry-banghead:

F**k Nvidia, they're cheating their customers, surely not what i expected from them. :snooty:

Many guys on the tech forums are claiming refunds now, i can't blame them...

"Ncapia" claim they had to kill 1 of the 970's 8 memory controllers, for it not to be faster than the 980, but then they should sold it as a 3,5 GB card, and cheated everyone by calling it a 4 GB card :facepalm:

But i've heard that this architecture gpu die error, won't interfere with the performance, its only in a 0,01 % event it slow the card down, but still this is not what i played 400 euros for.
__

But one could hope that we GTX 970 owners might be able to flash the card to a 980 spec, now that would rock :lol:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Disaster averted, for me at least ;)

Wow that was quite a scar
This may be owed to the type of memory chips

This issue may only be affecting graphics cards which use VRAM chips from Hynix, according to a different user.

Given how many different OEMs NVIDIA has, it's hard to say which boards use Hynix RAM and which still use Samsung or chips from some other supplier.
I couldn't be happier because my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (rev 1.1) uses Samsung chips, and the (rev 1.0) of my card uses Hynix vram chips :shock:

To bad about all of the poor guys who bought a card with Hynix vram chips :facepalm:
__

This video explains the problem and cause:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Samsung is a pretty good chip bakery. I enjoy my SSD from them and have some other products of them as well.

For once, Gigabyte is on top of these issues. And lucky for you you got the good stuff in there. :party:

:geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Samsung is a pretty good chip bakery. I enjoy my SSD from them and have some other products of them as well.

For once, Gigabyte is on top of these issues. And lucky for you you got the good stuff in there. :party:

Yes Samsung memory is good

But Nvidia still lied to all of the GTX 970 buys, selling us 3,5 GB card branded as 4 GB, thats not right...

If it wasn't because i like it so much and it well passed the 30 return period, then i would seriously consider RMA'ing my card because of this issues!

Now people also say that this issues is also causing lag between the GPU and CPU

Should have bought a R9 290x, they work regardless of memory usage -_- never nvidia again!!! cheating bastards :x
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Samsung is a pretty good chip bakery. I enjoy my SSD from them and have some other products of them as well.

Yes Samsung memory is good

But Nvidia still lied to all of the GTX 970 buys, selling us 3,5 GB card branded as 4 GB, thats not right...

If it wasn't because i like it so much and it well passed the 30 return period, then i would seriously consider RMA'ing my card because of this issues!

Now people also say that this issues is also causing lag between the GPU and CPU

Should have bought a R9 290x, they work regardless of memory usage -_- never nvidia again!!! cheating bastards :x
This is the beauty of Radeon............ :lol:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yeah i know every card might have issues, but AMD is in the clear about their cards, whereas Nvidia cheated and hid the performance facts from everyone.

I have signed this petition to hopefully force Nvidia to take action, and i suggest everyone else does the same, otherwise Nvidia might pull this crab again.

It's 400 euro card for F***sake, what where they thinking... :(

https://www.change.org/p/nvidia-refund-for-gtx-970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
__

Now i hope we either get refunded some of it, or we can bios hack them to 980 spec, because this is bullshit
__

I ran a benchmark test to test my card, and it has the same issues as every else, have a look, i'm thinking this warrants an RMA refund, because product is not as described = false advertisement
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming - Ram bandwidth benchmark test
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming - Ram bandwidth benchmark test
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Clearly not real, but funny as hell :lol: and very true - Nvidia sucks :P

__

Read closely here, this see what Nvidia is all about, lies and stealing you money, they are what i would call frauds
We will not boost GeForce GTX 970 performance with drivers

Nvidia Corp. on Thursday retracted its promise to improve performance of the GeForce GTX 970 using new drivers. According to the company, one of its representatives made an incorrect statement and there is no new driver with a fix for the graphics card incoming.
As discovered by numerous enthusiasts and confirmed by Nvidia earlier this week, the GeForce GTX 970 graphics card cannot access all four gigabytes of onboard memory at full speed. Due to limitations of the cut-down GM204 graphics processor used on the model GTX 970, only 3.5GB of memory can be accessed with maximum bandwidth, whereas 512MB pool can be accessed at considerably lower speed, which results in performance degradations in certain cases.
On Wednesday it was reported that Nvidia was working on a special driver that would improve performance of the GeForce GTX 970 in certain situations. Unfortunately, while Nvidia is constantly working on new drivers, the company is not working on a special driver that will fix the issue when the GeForce GTX 970 cannot use more than 3.5GB efficiently.
“[Performance improvement plan] is not something we have officially said,” a spokesperson for Nvidia said in an emailed statement.
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graph ... h-drivers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm just about on the tipping point of whether or not to return my card, i'm sick and tired of Nvidia's Bullsh*t claims, they're full of sh*t! And clearly doesn't give a F**K about its customers................! :angry-cussingwhite:

Not sure i'll ever thrust Nvidia for anything again

Sign this petition to give the GTX 970 buyers a chance to force Nvidia to do somethink about this! We are over 5000 already ;)
https://www.change.org/p/nvidia-refund-for-gtx-970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

! Message from: MadManCK
No need to quote the post above you, thanks
As compared to AMD not being able to make a driver that works?

Return to “PC”