DSR and Antialiasing

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The new Dynamic Super Resolution feature of the new Nvidia drivers is a hot topic.

It improves image quality more than AA. You can select up to 4x the native size in pre rendered frames. That is pre-rendering in UHD if you use a native 1080p monitor.
:woot:

Have you tried it yet? And what are the results :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Have you tried it yet? And what are the results :party:
Lol you would know .. you have a power house of 780 Ti rusting in your gaming rig (aka racing rig) :lol:

Fire it up and share your conclusion 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I will check it out later today. Maybe with GridAS :party:

PS it is resting there, not rusting yet. Havent played driving games for a while. But that will change soon®© :auto-driving:

EDIT: just did some test runs with the Indy car at the US GP track at Austin. Nice challenge BTW. But with the loaner car i just made platinum in the second run. Not bad after 2 months not driving. Need more downforce to improve that time.
The image quality is a bit more diffuse. I used 2x setting in DSR. But the image is also more steady with less pixeling or distraction. Very good for racing. I left all other settings the same to get a good comparison.

Maybe i will do a short run tomorrow and make a recording with the DSR on. Don't know what will be left of the improvements at Youtube, but worth the try. I will also try the 4x setting than. That means that images will be rendered at 4K before they are downscaled to my 1080p monitor, lol.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did a quick run on the Grid AS weekly challenge on Austin Texas, the GP track with the Indy Cars. Nice challenge.
The image quality has improved because of DSR. Image is much more smooth. Especially the fences and gates don't flicker. This video was taken with DSR settings at 4x (UHD pre-sampling) and 50% DSR smoothness. But with 2x and 33% the results are almost the same. I will probably use that as not every game runs as smoothly as GridAS :mrgreen:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Good to see you sill got it 8-)
_

So in other words it rocks :lol:

Was there any noticeable performance loss when using DSR to speak off ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

No FPS drops. I drive with 60 fps Vsynced, while recording at 30fps with shadowplay on high quality settings.

The performance has even increased IMO as there are less distracting things happening on your screen, so you can focus better on the track.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice, hmm very tempted to just run out and buy the damn GTX 970 and just get it overwith :mrgreen:
_

Lol my cousin even hint at buying my old HD 7950 the moment i mentioned i was thinking about a new graphic card all of his own, so i'm seriously considering getting it right now :lol:
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

DSR is junk ok for single monitor play maybe two, but when you run four like me its pain in my ass i went from 120 fps on max settings in Auto sport to 50 fps thats on day track on night track im seeing 75fps to 40fps

It tends to go up and down to which is annoying as hell already back patched as per there advice and sent in my logs apparently not the only user with issue people on iracing also reported it to

Also fair to mention im on GTX 760 until i get bit more cash for my twin 900s

Also MadmanCK your bit more in touch with GAS maybe im overlooking a setting how many monitors you running
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Imo then DSR is only really an advantage on cards with lots of spair power on tap, and gtx 760 is lower in the food-chain - meaning it might not be up for the same kind of task as say a GTX 780 or 9x0 would be, but those cards are also in another league power-wise ;)
_

Is it two GTX 970's that you want ? Then I think one might be enough to start with :lol:
_

edit.
Saw a 3DMark bench result of pretty much the same system as mine with a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming which scored nearly 11 k on Firestrike, which is nearly double what my HD 7950 is able to score at stock clocks, my card scored 6243 stock and 7164 with OC, the GTX 970 is just nuts :mrgreen:
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Never had issue until latest patch i will wait for the next patch they said it will have better multi monitor support

I need two 900s to run 6 monitors which is the target which 900 i will use i have not decided

Return to “PC”