AMD Radeon 300 Series

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

As i was pissed about the Nvidia deal with the GTX 970 vram bug among other things, i looked into what Radeon is cooking up, and i was shocked, AMD looks to have an edge over the GTX 900 series cards, matching them on TDP too this time around.

Leaked benchmark scores, could just be hot air!

In this leaked benchmark, the Radeon R9 390x is believed go under the code name "Captain Jack", and you see it blow the 980 of the charts, using just about the same amount of power.

As this still early, this could just be rumors at this time, but it is said that the R9 390x with have 4096 MB vram and have a 4096-bit pci bus interface :eeek:

Look at the memory GB/s speeds:
SiSoftware Sandra leak scores
SiSoftware Sandra leak scores
The new R9 390x will use HBM memory chips, which is much faster than the current GDDR5 ram chips, HBM stands for (High Bandwidth Memory).

Release is said to be some time in 2015 8-) Maxwell watch your back, cause you're going down :lol:

This new R9 390x will be one heck of an insane graphic card, the RED TEAM is back :2thumbsup:
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

! Message from: MadManCK
Do not quote large posts or the post above yours, thank you

Will they roll out their first ever working driver along with it? :roll:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks like ATI/AMD is back on track. They took a big risk in letting NVidia conquer Chrismas sales, but it seems to be a winner.

But rememebr that Nvidia has some more hot irons in the forge.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Seriously when do you learn to qrute people correctly on this forum ...

I don't know about the driver, but cards are said to come between february and summer, plenty of time for a driver.

Hopefully 'Captain Jack' is a real card :P

@Mad
Yes it finally does ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to some sites, the new Radeon powerhouse R9 390X is on the verge to be shipped.

Time to get nervous for Nvidia?

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I don't the 390X will be seen before after the summer break, but we will most likely see the 370 and below next month or so ;)

But if it's going to need a custom water cooler then it will be a hot one :lol:

btw the 400 series is called 'arctic island' or something ;)

The 200 series is Vulcano island, and the 300 series is Carribien island think
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:I don't the 390X will be seen before after the summer break, but we will most likely see the 370 and below next month or so ;)

But if it's going to need a custom water cooler then it will be a hot one :lol:

btw the 400 series is called 'arctic island' or something ;)

The 200 series is Vulcano island, and the 300 series is Carribien island think
I know I've given AMD some pretty hard bashings here in the past but if the 370 can outperform the 960 [which isn't really that hard] and Team Green doesn't come out with a 960TI soon after AMD's cards come then they would be the best value card on the market.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

AMD is pushing hard with the HBM memory solution

They should maybe focus on pushing out the new cards, as videoland is colored green now :lol:

Some sheets

Lots of sheets to show off their clever new memory solution. How about the rest? ;)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It will be interesting to see where they stack up, if it's even as fast as they say it is for us end users.

But i can't wait to see what Radeon have done with the 390(x) cards :D
---
And also imagine if Samsung were to buy AMD as it is now and take over the R&D department and take the fight to Intel and Nvidia, now that would be cool 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They even talk about a 4096bit memory bus. That would be insane as now the most expensive cards have a 512 bit bus and one of the first things that is seized down for cheaper cards is the memory bus. Most current ones are 256bit.

Return to “PC”