Keep or refund the Nvidia GTX 970? (Keeping it)

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.

which would you choose if you where in my shoes?

Keep the GTX 970 bastard GPU
80%
Refund and wait for the next big thing
20%
Buy a Radeon R9 290x for the refund
No votes

Total votes: 5
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:only payed like 15 euros to get it back, and i had sold it to him for 30 euros :lol:
You should start flipping cards. Sounds like that Richard guy from Gas Monkey, lol :lol:

Good luck with the RMA and picking a new card.
if it does not feel right you should get rid of it anyway.
Maybe the good old 6870 will make it untill the 300 series hits the shelves and otherwise it is good to know that according to my sources ATI has just dropped the price for a 290X to $300.
That will make it cheaper than the 970 anyway.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow I'm shocked I imagined would be bad, but about 3000 points on 3dmark firestrike, gtx 970 did 9700 point :lol:

The R9 290(x) does sound like a good deal now :P

Time try an overclock
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Arh man the decision to send the GTX 970 back in stocking my thoughts, because it is as good as it is, and the alternative is the R9 290x which is much worse in more ways then one .. heat, noise, power etc.
"Hell i'm tempted to flip a coin, which i now just did, i said 'heads' as i throw it up, and surprise surprise it's 'heads', so guess i'm keeping it, lol what a silly way of judging 400 euros :loll: But i think i let my anger towards Nvidia cloud my judgement of the true issue at hand, which really isn't there for me atleast, when you look closely at things".
Because let's face it, i'm not gonna go 2K or 4K anytime soon (1-2 years), and in the meantime i might buy a new screen, and then it will be a ultrawide 1080p for movies and racing games, and a GTX 970 can handle a screen like that with no problem. ;)

Sooo yeaaa... lol .. now i guess i get to unbox a "new" card again :lol:

Some times i guess you just need a good old crappy graphics card to remind you how good you actually have it now .. which is worlds apart ;)

It might take some time, but i think could forgive Nvidia for their lies, but for now i'm settling for the GTX 970 (see i can't be an AMD fan, because "They never settle for anything". :lol:

Return to “PC”