G27 or 911 GT3 RS V2

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Okay, so come around my birthday time I'll have a ton of cash which I've decided to put towards a wheel. I've narrowed it down to the G27 or the Fanatec 911 GT3 RS V2. The G27 is probably the more reliable choice, plus if something goes wrong I'll have Logitech's multi-billion dollar support team to help. It's also less expensive and comes bundled with a 6 speed shifter. The GT3 is probably built better but the fact I'd have to buy a shifter seperate drives up the cost, plus their support from what I've heard isn't as good. Thanks for the help.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The G27 is a very well built reliable wheel. But is also an older analogue design.
It is compatible with a lot of older games as well, including TDU1, if you want to try that.

But i would choose a digital device. I know the CSW V2 is way too expensive but the T500RS from Thrustmaster or the smaller TX1, that can be fitted with an optional larger wheel are very good choices as well. And provide up to 1080 degree rotation. These wheels are far more precise than a G27 and have stronger FFB.

I have no experience with the Fanatec Porsche GT3 Wheel. It looks good though and according to some players is more precise than a G27. It has a larger diameter (300mm) that will make it feel more like driving a real car. Fanatec has also an awesome setup system that works from your wheel.
But all additional stuff like shifters have to be bought separately.

The shifter on the G27 is a bit dinky and feels more like a toy. If you want to drive manual most of the time a T500RS shifter is a very good choice and also has 7 forward and 1 reverse gear. The Fanatec CS shifter is even more rigid but also expensive and bulky.

As far as the pedals go, best option for brakes is a load cell controlled brake pedal. You can mod a G27 or T500 set or go for a Fanatec CSR Elite pedal set with a load cell.

But for an all-in-one solution there is probably no better offer than the G27.
I think it depends on how much you will use it and what you expect from it.

There are a lot of good drivers who use a DFGT with a different pedal set and standalone shifter.
G27 is also heavy moddable. So if you want a load cell or a wheel mod you can grab that.

If you combine the Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 wheel with an CSR Elite pedal set, you have an awesome wheel setup as well. V2 is improved a lot over its predecessor. And it looks cool. The Elite pedal set has a load cell brake pedal already.
You can always upgrade with a shifter later.

PS Fanatec support has improved a lot. You have even a live chat option now. And they react more quickly on mails.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yeah i agree with everything MadmanCK wrote, the stock G27's are old and don't have the best feel compared to new wheels, on the plus side the G27 can be heavily modded but modding them can come with heavy price tag, the money i have spent on my G27 i could of easily bought CSW V1 or V2 by time i do belt conversion could of bought both plus some of the mods you need alot of experience and understanding of how G27 works.

Pretty much I now only run the G27 wheel everything else has been swapped out for other brand stuff and the G27 itself has been replaced five times in last two years FFB mod takes it toll on the old G27 over time, people often ask me on Steam why i throw money at modding my G27 its just the way i am i enjoy tinkering with it.

Im like MadManCK we love our simulators and are forever spending money on them you just need to ask yourself.
How much will i use it, how much can i spend, will i want to mod it, how much immersion do i want.

I recommend if your casual PC gamer to get Porsche wheel or Tx1 if more into full simulator race seat style stuff maybe save up little longer get bit more up market wheel.

Also DFGT like madmanck stated is good entry level wheel and there are some super fast drivers running them i know a pro Iracing driver who used one to compete in NASCAR cup help together with duct tape here got fifth overall in championship

I never had issue with Fanatec support actually think there better than Logitech's support

also keep in mind logitech shifter is 6 speed if you only use H-shiter in game like the crew like i do it will be useless for alot of 7 seven speed cars I now own 3 shifters i find TH RS better choice

:snakes: :auto-layrubber:

Return to “PC”