Decided to upgrade

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:I recently put the old Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard and i7-950 3.06 GHz CPU that I replaced in this project up for auction on eBay and was very surprised as to how much I got for them. :o

The Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard is apparently a very sought after item even though it is 5years old it was bid up to £111, my new motherboard was only £135. :shock:

The i7-950 3.06 GHz CPU did not go so well (at first) it first went for £68 and I was happy with that however the person who won the bid asked to cancel saying he had bought it by mistake :roll:
I relisted it and it has just ended reaching a top bid of £225 :woot: the guy hasn't paid yet but if he dose I can't believe how much it has gone for. :o

So all in all with the £17 for the Asetek CPU water cooler that makes £377 a nice return for 5 year old Tec. :woot:
That's insane :eeek:

You would have been lucky to get 150 pounds lol :lol:

Come to think of it, i think i heard that the old I7's like you had were very good for video editing and workstation jobs etc., but that 377 pounds is alot for what you had, consider you self very lucky to have gotten away with that price :D

But you in general Intel hardware holds it value very well unlike AMD parts ;)

But 377 pounds goes a long way towards paying for the new parts you got awhile ago 8-) :mrgreen:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The guy on eBay still hasn't paid for the CPU yet and I have been here before so I am not going to count my chickens before they hatch. :animals-chickencatch:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez, is your H100I GTX's pump also insanely loud even in "quiet mode", just had a look at mine and it is over 2 times louder that the CM Nepton 240m i had before the Corsair, kinda wishing i had kept that one now.

It better perform well or it goes into the box and back to Komplett in Norway, it's that loud, when i stick my ear down to the pump then it sounds a idling diesel engine, the Nepton was dead quiet..!!

Sounds like this :shock:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

So does your pump makes alot of noise too?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well I have to say that my pump dose not make that much noise in fact it is very quiet. :o
But I doo have a vibration problem I need to track down and find out what is causing it. :?
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm okay, then i guess i might have a faulty one, anyway i have sent Corsair a ticket asking about the noise so we'll have to see what they have to say, but i know of 4 other guys with this exact issue, so most be a known problem at this point.

But good to hear your cooler is working okay ;)

Return to “PC”