Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thats some huge jumps in performance, iut'll be interesting to so if Nvidia can live up to the hype :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, i think it is more realistic to assume that the new cards will perform like 2x980ti/TitanX in SLI. Maybe a little bit better.
Still more than good enough. Nice substitute for my power hungry GTX780Ti pair. Those will get a new home in another rig.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes know doubt they will be, but at what cost ?? The GTX 980 Ti was already an insanely priced card
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The 980Ti is hard to ignore, with the same power as 2 x 780Ti in SLI and some headroom in memory. But i think Pascal will do the same to the 980Ti what the 980Ti did to the 780Ti :lol:

I admit it is very tempting to buy a 980Ti, but i will skip this generation and go for the pascal.

The latest Nvidia drivers are already mentioning the Pascal, even the Volta (Pascal sucessor) But that card will only become available in 2018 for consumers.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-volta ... ulkan-api/

I think they will become available second quarter of 2016. So before summer. Price will most likely follow the same greedy patth of the Titan X and 980Ti.

I will go for a 16Gb version anyway. 32 is nice for marketing. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol don't you think we need to see the damn benchmarks before you go of preordering the thing :lol:

And remember this is Nvidia so i would wait and see just have much shit falls of the walls this time ! :P (I'm kinda hopping for something major to ruin their stock and give AMD an edge again, ah well wishful thinking) ;)

But if Geforce Experience is any way to view them, then they are slow, terrible and greedy.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:Lol don't you think we need to see the damn benchmarks before you go of preordering the thing :lol:
I usually wait for the second or third stepping of new CPUs or GPUs. But this time i will be there right from the start. :mrgreen:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Volvo is going to use dual Pascal GPU in a self driving car module, interesting but knowing Nvidia it won't come cheap :lol:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, he mentions Pascal, but the logo said Tegra. Tegra is the chip that is used in tablets and smart Tv setups.
If there will be a new pascal based Tegra, that will rock. Tegra is like an all in one computer on a single chip.

Tegra K1 is in my tablet and the X1 is in the 4K streaming device, you can hook up to your TV.

Volvo already has some safety features right now, like auto braking for stupid pedestrians who pay no attention or playing kids.
If they will use this new technology from Nvidia it does say a lot about its potential.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The first Pascal based GFX will be released in May and is most likely the GTX970 sucessor and has GDDR5X that is twice as fast as GDDR5 but no HBM.

I will wait for the big canon, but benches of that new GTX1070? will most likely give more insight of what to expect from it. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well if the GTX 1070 is going to build on the GTX 970's performance then it needs to be able to murder a GTX 980 like the 970 did the 780 ti.

But we'll just have to see about that, hopefully it'll be as strong.

Btw when overclocking my GTX 970 I noticed that the memory speed played a huge role so x2 the speed will be insane!

Hopefully the 1070 gets released without any nasty surprises, as that will surely be the end of Nvidia.

Return to “PC”