Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The GTX970 was equal to the 780Ti, with some exceptions, but for half the price. If the 1080/1070 can beat the 980Ti, it will make that card obsolete. And right now the 980ti rules. NVidia will milk that cow :twisted: :animals-cow:

So the launch might just be a paper launch and cards will most likely become available after the summer or even later.

I will wait for the HBM2 Pascal Titan X sucessor
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The big Pascal HBM2 will be a monster, i can't wait to see how much that card will smoke you two GTX 780 Ti's, hmm would 2 times the performance of your SLI be to much to ask from one single card ? :twisted:

And for sure Nvidia will milk the enthusiasts dry like always - it is just a question of how much they'll dear to ask for it, the Titan X was well over 1000 euros, and the GTX 980 Ti undercut it hugely shortly after.

Good luck with that investment, i wouldn't like those odds, my GTX 970 G1 have only dropped 150 euros over 2 years, and it is the most hot GPU on the marked for the mainstream gamers, but the super exclusive stuff always drops in price faster. I have seen the GTX 980 used cards sell for 200 euros under their retail price, so GPU investments are very unstable, and Radeon cards are getting the highest price drop penalty.

So good luck :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The new card will most likely outperform 2x Titan X in SLI. They even claim the card to be 5-10x faster, depending on the applications. So it will be faster than 4x780ti, if scaling would be linear. I dont have to worry about that single card being able to render 4K images and games.
The 980Ti is still king right now. Question will be if the new GTX1080/1070 will be faster than the 980Ti right out of the box. It seems that will be the case. And 8Gb of RAM is more than enough.

There is radio silence about the HBM2 cards though. Some say it will be released later this year. I do hope AMD has their cards ready than as well. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol i think we need to see some hard facts proving it being able to runs and operate at those insane speeds for a single GPU card, hell the PCI-E bus might not be able to handling all of that traffic - let alone the cards TDP and thermals, if the Radeon Fury card's were any indication. So i think a watercooled AIO coolers we be needed to keep those chips running right.

And yes i'm also very interested to see what Radeon can come up with since the next batch of cards is the cards made without the AMD budget manager trimming the fat of the Radeon GPU team. The Fury cards was a nice and valid attempt, and thermals and HBM1 chips limited them, hints why Nvidia opted to wait for HBM2, but Radeon's 400 series is code named 'Polaris' and the other last gen's in their line up have been hot names like 'Hawaii 200' and 'Grenada 300 Series', so going on that Polaris will be a massive change, but how much is anyone's guess - Gives me the chillz just thinking of it :mrgreen:

:Coming soon:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are rumors about the end of production of the GM200 chip. That is the one, used in the 980Ti and Titan X.

It can not be long now before the new cards will hit the market. I'm thinking of getting a GTX1080 (GP104) and switch that one later for the high end Titan X sucessor (GP204?). The GTX1080 can move to my HTPC than.
All depends on the pricetag Ngreedia will put on the new cards. :twocents-02cents:

It seems Nvidia is very sure about the performance boost the new Pascal will give. If the new 1080 is faster than the Titan X it does say something. And already stopping the production of the very succesful GM200 speaks for itself.

:woot:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm that's a bold move, but then again just like with the GTX 700 series, so i guess it is just a matter of a few months before the TitanX will be forgotten :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nvidia Pascal GTX 1080, 1080 Ti & Titan Specs Leak Out – To Feature Up To 6144 CUDA Cores And 12.6 TFLOPs
Despite the obvious "mistakes" due to speculation of this chart, like the 6 gb for the X80 (will be 8) and GDDR5 for the X80Ti (HBM2) it features some interesting numbers.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-specs/

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow thats impressive :o
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

And there it is: the new Tesla

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tesla-p100.html

The pro version comes first. Now it can not be long before the onsumer version hits the market. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

We shall see :party:

Get ready to sell your soul :twisted:

Return to “PC”