Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nvidia won't survive another stunt on their most sold graphic card range, and if they do people will travel to Silicon Valley and burn their HQ down to the ground. :twisted:

You have very high end taste I'm looking very much forward to seeing how that monster GPU will do.

Hopefully AMD's push will set a fire under Nvidia's partners :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

More news is leaking about the GTX1080 and GTX1070.

GTX1080 will have GDDR5X, that is twice as fast as the regular GDDR5 that will be on the GTX1070.

Both cards are rumored to have 8Gb of memory.

Picture is of the GP104-400 from MSI. Most likely the card i will get. :mrgreen:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gp104 ... dr5x-leak/
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

How exciting :D Nvidia knows how to tease :P
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Some performance leaks of the GTX 1080 have surfaced, and it is a beastly card if the benchmarks are to be considered true, so take them with a boulder of salt.

But 1,8 ghz on the core is insane :shock:

But if these benchmarks are true then Pascal will be every bit as powerful as claimed, lets just hope Nvidia isn't to greedy about the prizing of their new top dog.

http://videocardz.com/59558/nvidia-gefo ... benchmarks

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Those stats are a bit strange. A 3770 and Firestrike 1.0. AFAIK we run 1.1 for a while now. 1800Mhz is indeed a bit faster than Maxwell can run. But this is on a smaller production procedure.
I'm looking forward to the 1080Ti benches*.
Edit: wasn't the 104-400 supposed to be the 1080Ti?

Maybe they will launch the 1080 first and the Ti later, like they did with the 980Ti. But that card was based on the TitanX. If there will be a consumer version of the new Tesla, it might be that kind of line up. But i don't expect the new Titan to emerge this year. HBM2 is still not in mass production.

But this card will single handed be fast enough to power my 3440x1440p Ultrawide. Some headroom, compared to the 2x780ti OC even. And 8Gb will be plenty to run all games in DX12.
This will be a no brainer for me to get.

If the GTX1080 will sell for 500-600€ like expected, i will grab it. :woot:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Remember the #OrderOf10 stream tonight at 19.00 CET, it is rumored to be the revealing of the 1000 series graphic cards. So that should be something to look forward to.

And yes the benchmarks could be made up, we won't know until Nvidia unveils their new monsters.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol i was under the impression that Nvidia would reveal it now, but those damn americans and their time zone delay. It turns out the event begins at 8pm CDT which means 3am CET time, so we have to make do with the replay.

And the #OrderOf10 just links to a scavenger quest where the first 50 to win the objective will win a VIP ticket to the event, which makes it pointless to enter if you isn't in California.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

GTX 1080 will be 599-699$
GTX 1070 379-449$

Looks like the GTX1070 will be a worthy GTX970 sucessor.
The new 1080 is a bit steep. 699$ is including the new reference cooler. But custom PCB and cooler solutions from 3rd party vendors will start from 599$.
And that is more acceptable for a high midrange card. :twocents-02cents:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10serie ... e-gtx-1080

Also introducing Ansel, a new way of capturing game content

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/05/0 ... e-capture/

Return to “PC”