Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:
But 460 euros is pretty much all i have on my credit card at the moment, but since i get it back it is worth it to get a new card and another chance at the lottery.
You probably get a newer revision of the chip and these are usually better.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yeah that's a good point, but 1070 FTW was a preorder card the original buyer payed 591 euros for which is just a crazy amount for it and he got 2 of them and he took a hit of 150 euros on each of them man he must have been pissed about that, but i got a good deal out of it, and now it seems the deal gets sweeter :lol:

But 470 euros is just alot to be without for a few weeks, helpfully i can get by :)

Now i have just paid the 470 euros for the collateral for the new card, fingers crossed i get a golden sample :pray:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

You can say alot about EVGA's quality and their slow support, but their warranties are very good, EVGA just shipped my new card, but with UPS... hopefully it isn't the King of Queens that is delivering it :mrgreen:

But it is shipped from Germany as far as i can see, or atleast it there i have to my current card to, so thats 4-5 days and then we pray it isn't a DOA, a potato card, or refurbished card. :pray:

I'm excited to seen how another card will be, and if it is a card that can do 2100+ mhz then i'll order a waterblock for it, but only then i "should" be able to keep it for 3 hopefully 4 years as it is such a powerful card. ;)
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol they also auto registered the new card to my EVGA account, my EVGA experience from being a all time low to being a rather good one.

Hopefully the new card can deliver the goods ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So i just checked the UPS track and trace, and my new 1070 FTW is currently racing up the autobane so it should be in Denmark in later tonight / morning, so hopefully it is out for delivery tomorrow or the day after.

My fingers are edging to unbox it and test it out :)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Owh yeah... i just got the new EVGA GTX 1070 FTW thermalmodded card unboxed was so excited i got goosebumps talking the protective film of the brand new card - i had forgotten the smell and noise of a new card being unwrapped 8-)
2016-11-22 14.08.59.jpg
2016-11-22 14.08.20.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They have been very quick and fair with your replacement. Hope it performs like expected.
For me this only proves tha EVGA is still one of the best vendors in the business. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

They have but if only their products was as good as their warranty service, so far i can push the new card about 15 mhz making it +75 mhz to the core, but i suspect the memory to be at fault.

Yep, F**K me, this new card has Micron VRAM chips my other card had Samsung chips :(

But i want to test some more before calling it good or bad, as i have only explored the core potential.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Micron need more voltage, for the rest they should clock just as high as the Samsung.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Micron need more voltage, for the rest they should clock just as high as the Samsung.
Yes i heard that too, i need to check the BIOS on the card, but i have just begone to test the VRAM as i hit the little at +75 mhz running 2062 mhz where the other card would be at 2012 or 1998,5 mhz so the new card is running much better on the core clock.

But now it is time to hunt the green dots at the VRAM limit :mrgreen:

Return to “PC”