Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The new Tesla P100 will only be available in the new Supercomputer DGX1 for now. With 8 of these new Tesla cards and the NVLink (SLI sucessor) that is 5x more efficient than SLI was.

Of course this comes at a Ngreedia price of 129.000$.
Considering the 3 Billion investment it took to create the new chip generation, maybe not so much. :shock:
We patiently have to wait for the consumer versions of this new chip generation. :lol:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/deep-learn ... paign=dgx1

NVIDIA® DGX-1™

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That's some pricetag, but then again it is also some impressive parts
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Interesting, they say that the Pascal that will be released in May (GP104) will be 1.5x faster than the 980Ti. :eeek:

And than the battleship still has to come. GP100 :ugeek:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

True, but they are more likely to ship in July.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Interesting stuff but I have a feeling these wont be cheep, in fact I know they wont. :P
I'm not that bothered at the moment as my rig can still play anything I am throwing at it on maxed out specs and I don't even have anything overclocked on it yet so plenty more juice in the tank if I need it. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well if Nvidia is going to exponentially raise the price for their top card (Titan X) then expect 1,5 to 2 times the price then :mrgreen:

Mad's wallet will have a huge crater in it afterwards :lol:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nvidia needs better plumbers as it leaks reference coolers :mrgreen:

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-Card ... ctured#new
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Good news is that the GTX1080 (GP104-400) will become available in June. Bad news is that it will most likely have 8GB of GDDR5X memory, as the HBM2 is still in "development" and not available for large scale production until later this year. This also implies that the new Pascal based Titan X successor (GP100) will be released in 2017 and not this year.

AMD will have a similar approach with the R490X.

Unfortunately these "traditional" fitted memory cards will be long and wont fit in my HTPC. But i will most likely buy a GTX1080 (Ti) as soon® as it hits the shelves, as i think it will outpace my 2x 780Ti OC SLI setup and also get rid of all the sync issues and W10 bugs.

This will only be a video card swap. I will postpone my next build to next year, when the new Titan (Consumer edition) becomes available. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice :rightthumbup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

NVidia will most likely have the same price strategy as with the GTX980. Selling high mid-range cards for a premium price.

The new 1080Ti will be based on the GP104 and not the GP100. Makes you wonder if there will be a consumer version of the GP100 at all. But there most likely will be one. After they have milked the professional market enough to cover some development costs. :twisted:

For my purposes the GTX1080Ti will do nicely. I estimate the card at 600-700€. The GTX1080 will be 550€ and the GTX1070 under 400€. Just my estimations, in line with the current GTX cards.
That will make the 1070 the best bang for the buck, just like the 970 was. Just hope they wont do a fake half memory or other devious tricks. :lol:
I will pick the premium of the lot. :party:

Return to “PC”