Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bear304 wrote:
MadManCK wrote:Micron need more voltage, for the rest they should clock just as high as the Samsung.
Yes i heard that too, i need to check the BIOS on the card, but i have just begone to test the VRAM as i hit the little at +75 mhz running 2062 mhz where the other card would be at 2012 or 1998,5 mhz so the new card is running much better on the core clock.

But now it is time to hunt the green dots at the VRAM limit :mrgreen:
The VRAM chips from Micron is as good as my old Samsung chips so they are fine.

My new card can do +75 mhz in TimeSpy so = very stable and +475 mhz to the VRAM, i might overclock the memory more later but i just wanted to find the limits for now.

And it seems like the new card is a fair bit better, but still no 2100+ mhz card as they card only does 2076 mhz so no waterblock for it as it isn't cost effective to slap a 130 euro block on it when i can't push it further. But for sure it is perfectly fine without a waterblock as it barely hits 70*c ;)

I'm just kicking myself for not having a SLI bridge right now... :doh: would have love to run 2x 1070 FTW's in SLI for a bit :mrgreen:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It would seem that AMD have finally come up with a name, being Radeon RX 490 but stil i have to wait until Q1-2 in 2017 to get rid of Nvidia.

btw. some leaks claim it has a base clock of 1200 mhz but can boost up to 1550 mhz at 225 watt which would make it very interesting, i just hope it isn't more expensive than the GTX 1070 is, but Nvidia is dead to me, i hate them, i need to return to my roots of being an Radeon owner.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

EVGA finally got back to me after 2 days of waiting, and they said they would have UPS sent me a shipping label for the return card, so now i atleast doesn't have to sent 15-20 euros shipping it to Germany, but the label still has to be sent to me, and then i have to find a UPS drop off point where i can post it.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hate UPS, they never give any notice of when or what they are going to do.

But UPS have just picked up my RMA 1070 FTW and it is on its way back to Germany for and i'll get my money back in a weeks time.

But the damn UPS fool had to wait for me to get the package ready in 1-2 min in 0*c cold outside in his standard issue summer UPS clothes, serves him well for not telling when he would come by. :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, they are bad with notifying a time window, but are very reliable with packages.
If they do not give me a 2 hour window, i just do whatever i need to do and if they are lucky i'm home. Done with that waiting.
They can be a lot more customer friendly for sure.

So, no SLI experiments? There should be an SLI bridge in your Mobo box.

I have just confirmed my EK order and the Titan WB is on its way. But it will gather some dust, as i will only start as soon® as i can grab a 7700K + mobo and new RAM.
It will be a lot healthier to cool my GFX to 40 instead of 83, like it does now under load.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Believe me i wanted to try it, but didn't have any SLI bridge, other than a first gen than can with my AMD mobo from 6-7 years ago, and i didn't wanted to pay for a new SLI bridge just to do a test with a card i couldn't afford to keep.

And i stil need to make up my mind if i should order a ACool block for my GTX 1070 FTW as it is only 100 euros to do so with shipping cost and 90* adapter as i have the rest i need being tubing and fittings, i only need coolant and then i have can upgrade my system to cool the GPU too.

And make the GTX 1070 FTW run at boost for longer and not drop down.

I only checked the used marked for GTX 1070's and they have dropped faster than the GTX 980 Ti did, so now them are about the same, so no point is selling for a AMD as i would lose a fair bit of money, and the 1070 does its job fine'ish.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Colorful has released an 4! slot GTX1080 :lol:
With a very strange hybrid setup.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Colorful's GTX 1080 iGAME KUDAN is just insane...
It’s finally here guys — Colorful GTX 1080 KUDAN.

COLORFUL iGAME GTX 1080 KUDAN

Colorful’s most powerful graphics card was unveiled at CGU (Colorful Games Union) just yesterday. It’s been a while since we’ve seen such an extravagant design. In fact, it’s been a while since we’ve seen a 4-slot design.

So what is iGAME KUDAN? It’s a new card equipped with plexi backplate/water block, which to my understanding it is detachable, but that’s unconfirmed. That said, KUDAN is a hybrid. It means you can (optionally) attach existing water-cooling loop to increase cooling potential. The cooler itself is equipped with three fans surrounded by gold cog-shaped rings. The I/O bracket has special OC-button to switch between the BIOSes (quite possibly for air and water-cooling). The iGame KUDAN has custom PCB with dual 8pin power connectors.

Based on available information this model has boost clock of 1936 MHz, which is on par with ASUS STRIX or GIGABYTE XTREME, but slower than GALAX HOF (1961 MHz).

According to information we received from Colorful, iGAME GTX 1080 KUDAN it will be released in December or January.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Is that girl so small or that card this big?

Why on earth would you need a waterblock on the back of the card?
EDIT: must be a reservoir :idea:
I also see water connectors to the cooling block. Must be some double trouble waterloop setup.
They will only sell these in Asia. Wonder why.... :lol:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Asian girls isn't as big as the european thats for sure, she looks like a 15 year-old :D

But the card is giant anyway you look at it.

And i thought my EVGA 1070 PCB was over engineered .. but damn i was wrong :lol:

Return to “PC”