Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Well I'm tired of Nvidia and I want to keep my options open for Vega but might not happen this year as I don't have money to pay the difference for a new card.

But I'm in no rush to upgrade a the 1070 is more then I need.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nvidia has made a lot of mistakes. From bad drivers that make your card fry to the 970 memory scam. But IMO the Pascal series is awesome.
Now they need to get their act together and get on top with the drivers again.

The FTW2 series from EVGA looks awesome. They really did everything right this time it seems. I also think they will never make that mistake again. A good example of how a company can recover from a mistake.

I also saw some new stuff from them in a vid from Jay.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Sooo, EVGA dropped their GTX 10x0 ICX FTW2 cards, and DAMN temp sensors and massively overhauled cooler, now they have the VRM's at 75*c out of the box.

And dual fan control etc.

EVGA USA is during a FTW to FTW2 step-up program where you can upgrade for just 100 USD, so it might actually be good value to upgrade, but still you have to put up the price of a new card for them to ship it.

And in my case my already updated 1070 FTW runs well enough, it doesn't get hot at all, and it is just enjoying itself in zero fan mode and only gets 60-65*c at the must, so i'll wait abit longer before making any ideas of using the step-up program, as i want to see what AMD is hiding, before selling more of my soul to Nvidia.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

100$ is a lot TBH.

I would rather spend that on a full cover block. :twocents-02cents:

Still good to see they did not only upgrade their existing FTW cards, but completely reworked the whole card design.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes indeed, seems abit much for it, but EVGA put in a hell of a effort to please their customers, i saw EVGA started to offer a FTW Hybrid upgrade kit for regular FTW cards .. but i think it was 150 USD, so about a complet EK GPU block so pretty pointless, and considering the hybrid cooler isn't that effect it wasted money on a gadget.

So like i said before i have intentions of during the step-up program - at least not now, and considering my card is running well i have no problems with it - in fact my 1070 FTW is to much GPU for my needs so if any think i should be stepping down :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It appears that the GTX1080ti will hit the shelves soon®
Estimation is at the end of March 2017.

Based on the TitanX chip, it will have slightly less cuda cores (3328), a bit less memory (10gb Vram) but higher base clock speeds.
That card will be a beast. A "budget" Titan, just like previous Ti cards.

From watching these specs it will perform similar or close to the Titan, but for a lower price. Still nothing about pricing. Just under 1.000$ might be a good guess. My bet is 899$

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

As the GTX1080Ti will be launched tonight, another interesting battle will emerge. What will Vega bring to the table? Faster and cheaper than the GTX1080ti?

Nvidia stock made a historic dive today. Losing 20% of its value. It has to be said that the stock price has won over 220% last year, so a correction was logical, but this was the biggest dive in the history of the brand.

Maybe because they continue to fail to release good drivers... :whistle:

AMD stock went down 5% after yesterdays 8% rise. Lots of traders, who look at statistics and technical analysis alone, went short.
They will be dissappointed. Even if AMD stock has risen over 600% last year, the real punch still has to come. RyZen first, Vega second.

I think Nvidia should have released the GTX1080Ti during christmas last year. But Volta is not ready yet. HBM2 will be a Vega weapon.
Nvidia needed a weapon to show during the CES. Maybe that weapon should have been Volta.....

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Unlike what everybody expected, the 1080Ti will launch at 699$
That is value, even if it is still highly priced.

The normal 1080 will be reduced in price. With 100$

That launch price is half of the TitanX, lol. And performance will be more or less equal.
Do i feel robbed? Not really. I knew Ngreed when i grabbed it.

It is Ti time all over again. 8-)

It will be interesting to see what the global new price tags for all the Pascal line up will be.
And it would not surprise me if they already have the Volta ready. Nvidia might be better prepared for AMD's missiles as Intel was.

Nvidia shares have bottomed, according to some. They might be on their way up again soon®.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The new GTX1080Ti is the best Ti they ever delivered. performance close or up to par with the Titan X (P) for "just" 700$.

A very nice and comprehensive review from 20 (AAA) games on 1080p. 1440p and 4K, shows its performance.

Confirmed by Jay. This card is a beast. Buying the Titan X now has become a bit obsolete. And it is interesting to see the same amount of Cuda cores activated. Previous rumors mentioned less. Vega fever already? :lol:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

KingPin has underlined that the new GTX1080Ti is the new performance king. Thanks to the new memory and a massive OC of 2.5Ghz :eeek:

Interesting to see that the RAM is only clocked at 3200Mhz and the 6950 at 5.1Ghz.

Makes me wonder how many graphics cards he has fried during this world record attempt. :lol:

Return to “PC”