Nvidia Pascal

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

ROFL, that Kingpin dude, has OC a Pascal 1080ti to over 3Ghz, a 100% overclock. :loll:
Long enough to take a screenie. Probably not to run some benches.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Like expected, the GTX1080ti with custom PCB performs 10% better than the stock version and also the (stock) TitanXP.

That MSI rocks. I do agree on the color theme though. If your build is not red, it does not fit. They should do custom shrouds.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK, i did not feel screwed by the GTX1080Ti, as that card was to be expected. But i do by Nvidia releasing a new version of the TitanXP with all cuda cores (3840) enabled. It also has the better GDDRX2 memory the new line up has.

Unless i can flash the rom to activate all cores, i feel robbed now. The 1080Ti had the same amount of cuda cores enabled as the "old" Titan XP, which was unexpected. Maybe they feel the hot breath of Vega in their necks, but it feels like they give the finger to all previous Titan buyers.

:evil:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I complain loudly to Nvidia, it can't be right they released the Titan XP as a half arsed card only to release a better version it later, a card of that price then then i feel Nvidia should be able to atleast make a BIOS ROM updated for the Titan XP1 or strait up give you a replacement card, heck you just know Nvidia is going to be handing them out left right and center to all the Tuber's, so i think you should atleast contact Nvidia's customer care about it.

But to be honest are you even going to be feeling it performance margin at all? CUDA core is mostly for rendering video's etc. and when it gets down to it then it is probably only 10-20 seconders on a 4K video's render time, so maybe not worth fight them hard for it, but worth asking about it.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I just got an invite to the MSi Fan Day in London, but unfortunately, i don't have time to go. :(

If anyone wants to go just fill out this form to get a chance to win some of the prizes and get some free gifts.
:link: MSI Fan Day
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have to agree with Jay here

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow, lost even more fate in Nvidia, now they screw their über highend customers, as if the GTX 1080 Ti didn't smash the Titan X(big P) enough then the Titan X(little p) finish it off, and all the current Titan XP owners feeling like crap, in other words Nvidia is scared shitless of AMD's big VEGA cards only reason for them to throw such a cheap move, a move that scare Nvidia's future Titan buyers away from it, in other words Nvgreedia shoot themselves in the foot with a shotgun, good luck marketing a new Titan card again. Nvidia is doing all wrong with this generation, nearly as bad as Maxwell.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have sent Nvidia a mail. I bought my card directly from them. Makes things easier.
We will see what happens :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay :party:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

This EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 is probably the most over-engineered graphics card to date, EVGA over did it, but it makes for one insane card. But a card like this needs a waterblock regards of the air cooler.

Jay has a look at it, and does a international giveaway.

Return to “PC”