GeForce GTX 980 Ti

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

NVidia keeps punching with another high end GFX Card release: GeForce GTX 980 Ti

This one will be equipped with 6GB of Vram and is based on a GM200-310 version of Maxwell. So it is probably a "simplified" version of the Titan X.

ATI will have to put on those fancy boxer shorts to shine in the ring against all this Green Power.

http://videocardz.com/55419/nvidia-gefo ... 6gb-memory

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm i wouldn't want to an ATI stock holder as they are about to take another hit... But i think they their 390(x) with HBM memory chips will be interesting, and the romoured 4096 sharder units is also much more than Nvidia's line-up has to offer, so i wouldn't count them out yet, but their driver support has always been a weak link, but Nvgredia is not doing that much better with ShardowPlay crashing games.

But i don't even want to think about the price tag of the 980 Ti as it will no doubt be skyhigh. :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Ngreedia has indeed set more benchmarks for greed than actual GFX 3D MK scores.

So i do hope ATI/AMD will have a successful release of their 390 series. But it takes them very long to deliver. Production issues and large complicated designs will lead to a large faulty production number.
But i expect the 390 to give the 980 a run for the money.

Talking money; i think the 980Ti will hit the 700$ mark. And if ATI/AMD can afford being less greedy, they can launch the 390 at 600$ to make Nvidia sweat green greedy bubbles.

There used to be a time when new GFX were launched below 500$ and everybody thought that was already expensive. The current 1200$ for a Titan X is beyond greedy and i hope that policy backfires one day.
Production and design costs have gone up of course, but it still is no excuse to double the introduction prizes of new products.
Maybe there are too many bad chips produced with each batch. This would also explain why ATI has not released the 390 yet. They need to build a stock to fulfill demands during release.

And to take that one step further, it could be that the 980Ti are "bad" Titan X chips, modified with less shaders active and a couple more "adaptations". So that will give you a "B" choice chip for a premium price. That would also explain why the Titan X and 980Ti are released shortly after each other. 980Ti will be a "naked" Titan X, after the greedy striptease of Ngreedia :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That could very well be, it wouldn't surprise me much, as they seem to find loop holes for saving money on their side and ripping of their customers for money as they control the GPU marked :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

But the 390 might outperform the 980Ti and maybe match or even outperform the Titan X

Rumored prizes for the 980Ti will be around the 600-650 mark, so slightly under what i expected. But official numbers have to be revealed and aftermarket cooler versions will be launched as well. It will be Nvidia's next big thing, as the Titan X is simply way to pricey with 1200$.

I also found some interesting sheets.
It seems the 980Ti is already there, mentioned as "GM200 Cut 6GB", if i'm correct... :mrgreen:
And what about the results of the "Fiji", faster than the Titan X in Fire Strike Extreme... :eeek:

This wil be a hot summer... :woot:

:spy:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Still only rumors, but if they are true then the 390 is something of a game changer :mrgreen:
MadManCK wrote:This wil be a hot summer... :woot:
Good thing the R9 390(x) comes with integrated water cooling :lol: But i'm really existed to see what Radeon can come up with.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Price is not to bad in $ the trouble is for the UK they just leave the number and stick a £ in front of it. :( (no conversion rate) :naughty:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow look at that TDP :shock: GTX 980 is 165w, while the GTX 980 Ti needs 250w

There goes Maxwell's efficiency record, so it better perform very well to justify using double the power :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is based on the TitanX, so a bit higher TDP is logical. I think it will be around 225 once it gets released. As it has less memory modules to feed as the TitanX.

The 980Ti is the true successor of the 780ti, also based on the high end chip and with half the memory.
A proven concept, so to speak. And 6 gig is already plenty of memory to play all modern games.

Around 700€ is expected also.

Return to “PC”