GeForce GTX 980 Ti

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It's always cool to see the new cards be released :party:

Btw. i think the EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hibrid will be the one to get, as it offers the benefit watercooling but without have to build a loop around it, it's definitely card to i would choose :D

But lets hope the base 980 will fall in price soon, but Radeon could force it down in price, along with all of the Nvidia cards once it gets out HBM is much better, lol can't wait to see that, as we need a GPU price war :lol:
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:More and more pictures are all over the internet now, showing the upcoming GTX980Ti and special versions of it.

The bad news is that Ngreedia has bumped the expected 699$ retail price up to 799$ for the base versions. This means that you will probably have to pay 850$ to get one with a special cooler and higher clock rates. And that comes very close to the greedy 999$ retail price of the TitanX. So not only the performance is close to the Titan :roll:

Anyway, this is the card to have for the hardcore gamers. Let's see if team red has a Cassius Clay shuffle surprise up their sleeves.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/more-g ... hotos.html

http://videocardz.com/55670/nvidia-gefo ... ti-roundup

There are OC versions that come with a base clock of over 1250 out of the box. That is a massive 25% OC compared to the 1000 base clock of the Nvidia reference boards. :shock:

I especially like that Zotac cooler, that also appeared on the TitanX earlier. And EVGA comes with a version with EKWB. 8-)

I'd go for this seeing as it has an Aftermarket cooler which Nvidia doesn't allow on the Titan cards.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Prepsi wrote:I'd go for this seeing as it has an Aftermarket cooler which Nvidia doesn't allow on the Titan cards.
Omh.. Nvidia does allow it now, it just in the begining - just like the GTX 980, at launch it was only reference card coolers, but now there is a bunch of them with aftermarked coolers.

Saw EVGA also made a Titan X card with their Hibrid cooler on ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Sneak attack !!

Damn Nvidia released the GTX 980 Ti, Youtube is full of review videos :party:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, there was an embargo until Monday. First reviews appeared shortly after midnight :lol:

Retail price over here will be around 749€.

:party:

PS as the circuit board has the same layout as the TitanX, a lot of the 980Ti coolers will probably appear on special versions of the Titan as well.
And i have to say, there are a lot of cool coolers on these cards. Will be hard to make a choice when you want one.

Edit, some charts from HWI. This confirms it will be just as fast as a TitanX in games.
http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/6103/5/ ... ke-extreme
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

More websites confirm the 980ti being as fast as the TitanX, within measurable margins. The list price in the US is only 650$, while in the EU we have to pay 750€ and the Euro is already 10% more expensive... :roll:

Another good article

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/19 ... itanx-290x

And some OC results

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1965- ... -benchmark

It is amazing, but they get almost the same results as 2x980 in SLI with a single OC 980Ti in Metro. :shock:

Better tech review than Linus, who spends way too much time on cheesy commercials :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Damn it overclocks well, hmm i think everyone will be stupid not to go for the EVGA hybrid version that is watercooled by a 120 mm radiator, as it'll have a ton more thermal headroom for OC'ing the damn thing :lol:

But for a single gpu card to blow two GTX 980's out of the water .. that is just mindblowing :o

I bet there will be alot of GTX 980's up for sale pretty soon :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

GTX980 OC's very good as well (non Ti).

Most of these benches are a bit distracting. They should make a comparison with all cards at stock, OC , in SLI and SLI OC. Only than you can see the proper difference.
In addition to that the 980 uses a lot less power. You can also place another one next to it.

But when i had to pick one now, the 980Ti is a clear winner.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Wile these cards are very tempting I just cant justify pulling out a bucket full of money on a GTX 980 Ti when the card I have will run everything I play at max settings (and probably for a wile to come)
Hopefully by the time I need a new card something even better will be out. :whistle:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez
I think a new screen would be a better upgrade, the system would handle a 1440p screen easily enough

Besides Nvidia's have released all the cards intheir 900 series so the next series might come in a year ;)

Return to “PC”